Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stretched Fenders...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigbluesuburban, Dec 1, 2006.

1. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

I have searched and read and read and searched this forum for quite a while tonight so I feel confident in asking this question... I hope

I have an 89 Sub with about 4 inches of lift on it. Right now I am running a Pro Comp M/T that is about a 33" tire. I DO NOT want to life the truck anymore, but I really think that I would like to run a 35" tire. I know that they will clear on the rear. But I think that they will hit in the front.

I want to open up the fenderwells, but this is my DD, my nice looking truck and I don't want to hack it up. On top of that I want to keep the shiny fender trim.

So.. Is there anyone out there manufacturing a steel or 'glass fender that is NOT flared, but is longer front to rear to help clear at the back of the fender. I want to maintain my inner fenderwells also.

Thanks for any leads...

2. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

a buddy of mine pulled the chrome trim off, cut the fender well back slightly, and then put the trim peice back on and just reshaped it to match the cuts. Worked pretty nice if you take your time. he also has 35's with stock springs with add-a-leafs all the way around.