Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

striker bolt panel

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mud390, Feb 21, 2003.

1. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

When I purchased my 77 k5 the passanger side striker bolt panel was removed due to rust problems, along with the rocker panel. I have the original rocker panel which is really ate up with rust. I also have a new (from another blazer) striker bolt panel and rocker panel. My questions: How hard is it gonna be to replace the striker bolt panel? Has any one done this before? Can you give me any tips or advice? Would I be better off getting a real replacement panel from LMC or a similar company? The one I have now is in pretty good shape, but its gonna take a little extra metal to fill it in. I'm really worried about strength issues more than anything. I'm not worried about the rocker pannel because I'm almost set on put some rock sliders down there.

Kris

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

ttt

Anybody?

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Can't help ya, I have the same problem on my 76. Just didn't want your post to get lonely.

I replaced my rockers with sliders from 4x4iron. I love 'em! Made the truck more stable.

I'm going to have the striker bolt panels repaired professionally. That part of the truck, IMO, needs to be strong with it being a rollbar too.

I would go with a tough rocker panel. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif