Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stripping interior

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FL84K5, Sep 6, 2002.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Would it be ok to run with the interior stripped out and the top off without some type of bed liner for awhile? I want to strip the interior, and take the top and doors off for a run this fall but wont be able to get the interior lined till sometime after. What can I do to cut down the heat coming thourhg the floor that i can still hose off?

2. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

bump

3. bckinblk

bckinblk 1/2 ton status

Well it should be ok to run it like that if you are going to be lining it later just keep metal exposed spots covered with primer or paint .But If this is the first time that you have ever taken out the interior be prepared to be shocked. You will find rust holes and missing metal everywhere.. When I did my k5 it looked descent from underneath but when I stripped the interior thats when the true story unfolded..good luck

4. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

Herculine it. I just did my cab and tailgate. As soon as I get the holes in the bed welded up I'll be herculining that too. Should be done by next weekend and I'll post pic's. Pretty easy on the pocket book too, about 85.00 for the kit.

5. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

How hard is it to do it? I've never doneanything like it.

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I hurculined my interior. took about 4 hrs. firewall to tailgate. I don't have a top, I just throw a cheap tarp over drivers area when not using and let the rain fall!! Runs out some drain holes I put in floor.

7. amm888

amm888 1/2 ton status

i just stripped my front, and man, there's a lot of heat coming up! just great for these 90-100 degree LA days!

8. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

The Herculiner is a peice of cake. Scuff up the surface. Then clean the area. Then tape off the area you don't want coated then lay on one good coat. Wait about two hours then put on a second coat. Check out this site with video's.

Herculiner