Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

strobe light question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jacked_86chevyk10, Aug 2, 2004.

1. jacked_86chevyk10

jacked_86chevyk10 Registered Member

i bought a strobe light kit from a friend for my truck, but the strobes flash together (at the same time)...is there anyway to make them zigzag or whatever u want to call it (one flashes and then the other flashes like 1 2 1 2 1 2...) i thought hook them up to a turn signal flasher but there are 2 wires goin to each strobe..white black and red...if any one has any ideas please help me...thanks

2. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

did u get the controller box with it? granted, i personally think strobes belong on sumthin other than 4x4, unless ur a volunter FF or sumthin like that. but anyways...onto the question. if u got the controller box, it should do the zigzag, wigwag stuff for ya. u should just be able to wire them in and letem' run. if not, they sell zigzag boxes at autozone for like $10. and don't be foolish enough to wire them in with ur turn signals, people won't know what the hell ur doin when u go to turn. lol. hope that hellps!

3. jacked_86chevyk10

jacked_86chevyk10 Registered Member

well thanks man.... to be honest with yall, i think the same as you, they belong one imports and cop cars but i thought they would look cool b/c my truck already pisses people off with my headlights in their rearviews so i might add some strobe for the get outta they way factor...i live in a 5 m/p/h town...bunch of old ppl dying to get nowhere...ill try that zigzag thing at autozone...thanks