Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stroker question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CaveBlazin, Mar 16, 2003.

1. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Has anyone of yall ever used that company called powerhouse stroker engines its something like that. If so are they good or bad they have some good deal and if you have what are the pro's and con's with there packages Im looking at the 383 kit for like 500 it looks nice but whats the catch. And do any of yall know were a better kit maybe. Thanks

2. CaveBlazin

Anyone else heard of a good place to get a stroker kit. Please Help /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

3. BlaznRebel

BlaznRebel 1/2 ton status

check with eagle. and also what are the types of rods,pistons and crank are they forged? 4340 etc...

4. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

Most companies offer stroker kits, Have you check summit. What are you getting for $500? I think Summits is more exp. but getting whole rotating assembly. Do remember to put it in a 350 block there will be some clearancing needing to be done so rods clear. Most machine shops can do it just tell them before hand.

Jegs are balance rotating ass. $899 for flat top pistons. Thats harmonic balancer to flexplate(crank,rods,pistons,rings and bearings)

5. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

check out Speed-O-Motive

I bought a 400 to 415 stroker kit from them - love it!

6. CaveBlazin

Since Im new at this what should I look for as a good complete kit. Any tips would help.

7. CaveBlazin

TRW FORGED DISHED TOP PISTONS
    COMPO. RATIO: 64cc 9.5-1 70cc = 9.0-1 76cc =8.5-1
    MAGNA-FLUX & RESIZED 400 RODS 5.565 LONG WITH ARP WAVE LOC BOLTS
    NEW! NODULAR IRON 3.750" STROKER CRANK
    SEALED POWER CAST RINGS
    CLEVITE 77 ROD & MAIN BEARING
    FREE SHIPPING IS this a good deal for 750$ It looks good I just wanted yalls opinion. Thanks

8. 4DiggerDan

4DiggerDan 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    TRW FORGED DISHED TOP PISTONS
    COMPO. RATIO: 64cc 9.5-1 70cc = 9.0-1 76cc =8.5-1
    MAGNA-FLUX & RESIZED 400 RODS 5.565 LONG WITH ARP WAVE LOC BOLTS
    NEW! NODULAR IRON 3.750" STROKER CRANK
    SEALED POWER CAST RINGS
    CLEVITE 77 ROD & MAIN BEARING
    FREE SHIPPING IS this a good deal for 750$ It looks good I just wanted yalls opinion. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

NOPE!!! I woulnd't build a 383 with 400 rods. They're just too damn short. That kit seems to be on the steep side for average quality stuff. You can get a balanced kit out of Eagle for like 950 bucks with a cast crank and Keith Black pistons. Eagle usually grinds the rod bolts for clearance on their balanced kits, but it never hurts to ask.

we use Eagle kits almost EXCLUSIVLY where I work (always on Chevy stuff, Fords are harder to find good stroker kits for.) Good stuff for the money. I'm not a big fan of SCAT stuff. In they're early days, you'd get a lot of cranks that had the rods and mains ground with a taper, or be out of round. Their stuff still looks pretty rough.

I've got about 600 bucks into my stroker's rotating assembly. It only took 2 years of working in an engine machine shop, and buying lots of "slightly used" parts /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif