Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stu...Stu...Studdering at speed???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1990SilveradoK5, Jul 5, 2001.

1. 1990SilveradoK5

1990SilveradoK5 1/2 ton status

I was driving my Blazer yesterday morning and it is studdering/loosing power as if running out of gas. Almost full tank, doesn't do it under acceleration or deceleration only at speed.

TBI 350 with 130,000 miles, I did run it out of gas a couple weeks ago but it has ran fine since.

My first guess is fuel filter, but wanted all the words of wisdom (LMAO) from you prior to going to the parts store.

Gone Large and Loving It.
    Keith

2. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Fuel filter would be my guess as well. Or maybe you just got some bad gas.

When in doubt.....Use the Saws-all[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</A>

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Replace the fuel filter First. if that dosn't fix it. It may be the pickup coil in the distributor. A miss or "studdering" at speed in high gear is also a symptom of a bad pick up coil. Mine went out in my 89 and it would miss in high gear at 35 to 50 mph. it was most noticable when going up a hill. If your check engine light comes on and you get a code 42 that is probabally the problem.

<font color=orange>GOT HORSEPOWER?</font color=orange>

4. 1990SilveradoK5

1990SilveradoK5 1/2 ton status

No idiot lights at this time.
    Just picked up a filter will install it tonight and see if it helps.

When it started to act up I was in no mood to fix anything more. As I was in the process of tearing out my furnace and hot water heater, and was running to the hardware for a couple parts. This was not a planned upgrade either.

Well atleast I had a day off to get it done. Not the way I wanted to spend my 4th but atleast I had hot water by the time I needed to take a shower yesterday.

Gone Large and Loving It.
    Keith