Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stuck and poser pictures

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Apr 10, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Here are some pictures of what I have been up to for this weekend. Burb has a bit of body damage and a few issues after it. Not totally happy with myself for pushing it so hard but its too late to do anything about it.

Sorry for the cellphone pictures, left my camera in a friend's car.
    [​IMG]
    The Burb was sitting about a foot lower before I took this picture. I went and bought a high lift style jack and was out in no time. Yesterday I spent like an hour and a half and didn't move an inch. Tires were too small for the ruts and both diffs dug nice little holes to go to sleep in :mad:

See if you can spot what is wrong with the following images:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

wait for it....
    here you go
    [​IMG]
    Not cool. 1 Missing bolt(known that since I bought it, stupid I haven't fixed it. 1 broken frame mount(middle), and 1 missing retainer plate and donut(back). Definetally ordering an LMC catalog and hopefully fixing this and the rockers I guess.

Here are my friends I was with:
    [​IMG]
    Jeep just couldn't get up it anymore, we even restacked for him and he tried again, just wasn't happening.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Supercharged Toy did it with a little speed(more than me with my 465 and 241). He was teetering on the driver side front and passenger side rear though.

and a shot of the valley we were above
    [​IMG]

2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

:yikes:

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Yes, I am in the market for a cheap vehicle with a 4 cylinder at the moment.

4. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

It's funny that you post this picture, B_to_C and I were talking last night about how he had the exact same thing happen with his K5. His was the front body mounts, both bolts ripped through the mount on the frame. The bumper actually dented the front fender about 6" above the bumper.

5. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I see what's wrong.....you appear to have hubcaps on one side.

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah that is the oposite of what is happaning to my burb, the back end is sinking:thinking::thinking:

man i need to fit hte floors, glad you had fun i know you did!!!

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

3 of them. The passenger rear was rock rashed. It stayed on but its dented in pretty good :D

I had my first near rollover. Swung up on a bank to make a turn(wheelbase), and well the guy behind me said when I was coming down that my back right tire was airborne by about 2 1/2 feet :crazy:

My K5 had bad front body mounts. Never dented the fender but scratched the paint.