Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stuck bigger than......

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ftn96, Jan 2, 2002.

1. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

You wouldn't believe how bad I got stuck this weekend!!! Bigbad75k5 was in town, without his blazer no doubt. So we decided to go out and hit the local maze of trails, which lead down to the lake. Well at this time of year they lower the lake level to comp for all the winter precip. So once we got to the lake we decided it was dry enough to play around, which it was if you stay with in 100 feet of the normal shore line. So we played and then wee saw some rocks to play on on the other side of this cove. In order to get over there we had to cross this little wet spot. So we plowed through to the other side and the TSL-R's kicked ass. So while we on the rocks I got one of my side wall cut wide open. So after 45 minutes with the tire change we continued to return back to meet up with some others and in the process of going back through the wet stuff we found out that is was not just wet it was very mucky soft wet clay, the Grey sticky kind and we sunk all the way up to the rear bumper. Couldn't find anyone that could pull me out and it was late and about 20 degrees.So we left it there over night and came back the next day and the mud had frozen solid all around the rear housing and the tires. So after many yanks tugs and snatch attempt with an 8000 Warn, we ran into a guy that an old country boy wheeler that worked for a construction company. He goes and drives the biggest Back ho made from about 15 miles away at 15 mph. Watching this guy blazer trough the trails with this thing was just flat hilarious. Funniest thing I ever saw. So finally we get to the truck...10 pm at night. He yanked my truck out faster than you could pic up a Tonka Truck toy. So followed him back to the construction site. I gave him 160 bones, expensive yes but well less than what any of the local companies would charge and I picked up once hell of an allie and new wheelin buddy.

So's I got home on New years eve at about 11:15. the wife wasn't a happy camper. We, actually they messed up my other buddies truck with the yanking with chains
    and his dodge truck. Ripped the front crossmember (if you can call that a crossmember) out and bent the [censored] outta his new bumper. All the while Im sitting in the truck but
    he's trying his ass of to get me out. So Im in mental twister here due to the fact that I feel that I should be some what partially responsible for his damage.
    But anyway, he and are both great friends so we'll figure it out. He doesn't really seem to be bothered by it.
    Im home and warm fianally. Shwoooo what a weekend in the wheelin word!
    And Chad if your reading this, I'm gonna mail you some suveniers of this wheeling trip. Tennessee clay, cut tire, broken grade 8 bolt, tow hook, broke tow strap and a busted grill. Oh yeah, I ate your damn hostes cup cakes. There a little frozen but still good.
    Least I have a new saying now...."Im from Nash-ville, I aint bash-full" [​IMG]MFAO!!!! That was the funniest thing I've ever heard

Still hoping the GOV'T will ban the use of loud stereos with RAP music. [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Where is that video clip of you changin' the tire you told me about? [​IMG][​IMG]

Sucks you lost a tire! Also sucks that you have a small moral dilemma over your buds Dodge. Ripped the cross member out? Bent up his bumpers? Stock ones I hope... [​IMG] Anywho, I still think you should have snagged some clips of that poor frozen truck of yours getting snached from the muck! [​IMG]

Hey, at least you made it out right? Would such to have to leave it there until it thawed out in the spring! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=red>GOT MUD???</font color=red>
    My license plate reads:<font color=blue> 8 YR SUV</font color=blue>
    454/TH400/NP205 - 14BFF/D60/w/ 4.10s - 36" TSLs

3. BigBad75K5

BigBad75K5 1/2 ton status

He forgot to mention we broke a chain and his high lift jack before the winch tried!LOL I'm glad you enjoyed them, hell you deserved it!! " If he dont get off my a$$ I'm going to beet him with my base ball bat. Hell I'm from Nash-ville I aint bash-full!!! " Best damn saying I've ever heard!! LMAO

4. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

WARN what? [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

5. BigBad75K5

BigBad75K5 1/2 ton status

Cat 415 4X4 Ho, there is no substitute!!

6. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Thinks thats what Im gonna get next after Im done with the blazer!!!