Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stuck for the first time!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 77K5Blazer, Jul 31, 2001.

1. 77K5Blazer

77K5Blazer 1/2 ton status

ALRIGHT! Just gave my new muds a hard workout! Buried the blazer in mud and stayed there! The hole was a lot deeper than it looked and very gooey! Stuck like a rock! Had to have my bud in his 79 bronco on 35's with built 351 pull me out! My starter failed, so I was paniked, but it fired after 10 minute cool down! Time to change the starter! Then My bud got damn near stuck in this hole, and his bronco is a monster!! I am soooo stoked! Did you guys notice?

<font color=red>1977 Blazer, GM350, SM465, NP205, Dana 44/ 12bolt, 33x9.50r15 BFGs Muds</font color=red>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.77k5.alloffroad.com>www.77k5.alloffroad.com</a>

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

first time you've beens stuck??? I trust it won't be that last... LOL [​IMG]

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

3. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

like one of the guys signature says
    how could you be stuck, you did not run out of gas did you??lol
    congrats
    doesnt matter how big the rig, there is always somewhere to get stuck if you try hard enough
    i would however be a little slow to tell that you let a F*#d Br*&amp;#o pull you out. lol

It needs a bigger motor.
    what's in it now?
    doen't matter it NEEDS A BIGGER MOTOR
    89 350tbi/700r4h/np208/4.11's

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Being stuck is part of the fun.BUTT letting a F**D pull you out thats just wrong. Hopefully nobody got any pics of it...........LOL

If it ain't broke.......Don't fix it....

5. 77K5Blazer

77K5Blazer 1/2 ton status

Nope there is absolutely no evidence of him pulling me out! But truth be told, it is an AWESOME RIG!

<font color=red>1977 Blazer, GM350, SM465, NP205, Dana 44/ 12bolt, 33x9.50r15 BFGs Muds</font color=red>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.77k5.alloffroad.com>www.77k5.alloffroad.com</a>

6. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

STOP SAYING THAT!!!!LOL!!! it's starting to hurt.
    if it gets you to the woods (and back sometimes) it is good with me even if it is a F#*D or worse yet one of those other 4 letter things that begin with-j- and end with-p-
    (i have 3 ford work trucks, and they hold up great)
    but it is fun to give them a hard time

i just figured it out you could not have been really stuck, if a F#*D pulled you out. you must have felt bad for the guy and decided to help him look good. Yeah that the story and you should stick to it.LOL!!
    just be thankful you were able to be pulled out, without hours of digging and jacking. been there done that decided i like being a little stuck better.

It needs a bigger motor.
    what's in it now?
    doen't matter it NEEDS A BIGGER MOTOR
    89 350tbi/700r4h/np208/4.11's <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by RESTORE89 on 07/31/01 11:08 PM.</FONT></P>

7. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Yep, just in fun. If you don't tell anybody I will tell you I own a f**d F150. But if anybody asks I will deny that I ever said it........LOL

If it ain't broke.......Don't fix it....

8. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> I don't really care who pulls me out as long as I can get back to wheelin' !

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

9. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

I thinkg getting stuck is fun because you work hard for it and so dose the k5. I have been stuck many times and they are getting better every time me and and my bud jason go out. the thing I like about running 33 is if you get stuck it is easy to get out of the stuck most of the time but not always. the real bitch about geeting stuck in anything with bigger tires like 39 40 and up it is a pain in the ass because you get stuck with those big meets your stuck but it just depends on how you do it I guess.
    colin

IF its not broke , break it and upgrade it.

10. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats with your first stuck lol[​IMG] you need to come over and wheel tsf with us[​IMG]

77blazer see it at<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333</a>

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Me either. I've been stuck once when I had 4wd, once when I had only 2wd. The time I only had 2wd an '86 K5 pulled me out. The time I had 4wd was last weekend and the only person that dreamed of pulling me out was my friend with an '81 K20 Sub with 44s. I went barreling through some ruts at very high speed and my truck dragged the rear pumpkin for a long ways--but eventually it got too deep, my axle tubes dragged for about 50 feet, and I got stuck.

Your main problem is that your 9.50 tires are FAR too narrow for trail use.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

12. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

You ain't wheelin hard enough if that's your first time! Hell I get stuck every time I go wheelin'! [​IMG]

&lt;a target="_blank" href=http://www.k5.rockcrawler.com&gt;Click here to see my K5&lt;/a&gt;
    *<font color=red>under construction</font color=red>*
    <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by BlazerGuy on 07/31/01 11:52 PM.</FONT></P>

13. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

You must not be wheeling hard if that's your first stuck [​IMG]. I'm happy when I don't get stuck but I do more crawling then bogging. I hate clean up after bogging and I hate screwed up hubs from watter and mud getting in them.
    communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s

Grim-Reaper

14. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

If that was the first time you got stuck then it is the first time you really went wheeling. Now clean it up and go back and hit that hole again, dont let it beat you. Next month me and the rock pile on Pritchett Canyon in Moab have a score to settle

I thought I was wrong once,
    but I was mistaken

15. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Ahh, I remember when I became addicted... My first stuck we had to have a kenworth tow truck pull me out with a super long winch cable, after hours of jerking around in pouring rain. It was in that stinky seaweed mud at the ocean. The nieghbors didn't really appreciate the smell going down the street when I got home and hosed off...
    The front end of my truck was submerged similar to Grim's in that picture, but she kept starting right up, and ran fine... I didn't even have a dust cover on it, and the clutch still felt perfect after getting out.

Your starter's probably fine now (once dry), but be ready for it to go just in case!

Ratch
    <a target="_blank" href=http://k5.8m.com>k5.8m.com</a>
    **I need a house. Friggin realtor went and sold mine.**

16. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

the first stuck with my truck i have now was pitiful. I had bald tires...I mean bald!!!! I sunk up to the bumpers and the front pumkin found the only solid ground there was. Finally had to call a tow truck and he got me out. He had a thing he stuck in the ground and winched me. There were no trees or anything around me. If I had good tires I'd prolly made it, but it just got in those holes perfect for a blazer and she just stuck. LOL!!! I can't wait to get my brake lines and see what else I can do! LOL!!!!! Hubby was pissed!

I've got a mind like a . . . a . . . what's that thing called?

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/>http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/</a>

17. k5texan

k5texan 1/2 ton status

my first stuck was in the middle of a pond (it did not look that deep atleast thats what my friend told me before i went through) the first day i got my k5. it took a chevy with 44s to get me out. needless to say my dad was not to happy. i spent the next week cleaning the inside from water damage!!!