Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stuck in 4low.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RootBreaker, Nov 20, 2006.

1. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Ok so I did a big no no but it was fun.... :haha:

we cut down trees in my yard.. well the bucket truck.. international 4300 with a 90' boom sunk in my yard... so they said.. try and pull it out... I laughed..... as I know I cant as that truck is too heavy....

well I dont have a rear receiver so I am definitely not gonna pull on my winch to him... nothing to anchor to so didnt use the winch...

well I hooked up my 40' military strap to one of his tow hooks....and to my front tow hooks.... I backed up in 4low into the street...... yeah I know.. poor ring and pinion.... hell poor detroits too but they like it nasty... :bow:

well needless to say.. I have had a lot of stuff going on like surgeries, new baby, tree cutting, trown out back, etc.... so I havent got to try out my new motor parts...

well I roasted my tires in reverse.... all 4 so I got power..... but couldnt budge the dagon truck......

well I cant get it out of 4low now... I backup a few feet and the shifter wont come out.... drive forward and still wont come out... any ideas?

I know this isnt rocket science but i know the np205's can be a pain in the arse.... :p:

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Did you unlock the hubs and then try to get it out of Low? If not they could be holding a bind on the gears or maybe it is a bent shift fork. I know not really much help eh?

Ira

3. RootBreaker

yeah ill try and unlock the hubs... I was in a rush so didnt try much...

4. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Unlock the hubs, put it in low gear, drive forward on hard ground up to 10-15 mph or so (until it tachs around 2500 rpm), then let off the gas and while the drivetrain is under backlash, push the t-case shifter forward.

Works every time for me.

Oh, and make sure your fluid is topped up.

5. RootBreaker

I can unlock the hubs... but it is in low gear now...... low is all the way forward so under backlash I want to pull back right :crazy:

anyway ill try tomorrow.. had to greaseup a 2001 jimmy tonight... all 10 zerts up front.. had to replace a few of them as they were trashed and 2 we had to replace just to put 90 degree ones in to get to them....

6. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Yeah, yeah... backwards, forwards... you knew what I meant.

Basically, OUT of 4-lo. I had a brain fart and forgot which direction it was. :o

7. RootBreaker

well I didnt get to do it last night.. so will mess with it when I come back from vacation.... monday.... thanks...
    jeff

:bow: