Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stuck in Las Vegas/ Factory "f" job

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by retroblazer, Mar 18, 2006.

1. retroblazer

retroblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

On my recent trip to race in Baja, my trans started to slip on my way from Chicago to San Felipe. I made it to Las Vegas where I planned to have a dealership fix or replace the trans. I had purchased a factory GM replacement trans less than six months ago. I had two trips from Chicago to San Diego on the trans. The factory is saying that they won't honor the warranty because I have "big tires and a lift kit". The tires are the same ones that are on an H2 Hummer. 315/70/16 and my lift kit is a total of six inches. The dealer in Las Vegas is quoting me $3700.00 to replace the trans:haha: with no warranty, of course. If this didn't happen to me personally, I wouldn't believe it. The dealership is Bill Heard Chevy. Does anybody know someone that works there or a good trans shop in Las Vegas.

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

These guys aren't a trans shop, but they're good people and probably know of a shop: Johnny D's Auto, 702-248-9046. 1325 S. Main St.

3. retroblazer

retroblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Is there anybody in particular that I should request? Thx for the reply.

4. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

John & Erin Dawson own it. I think Erin's around often, but anybody there is cool.