Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stuck in my own back yard

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by skelly1, Mar 6, 2005.

1. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

Sep 2, 2002
    The little wife decided to help me out yesterday and she got my trailer stuck in the mud. I hook up the 72 K20 with a detroit in the rear to the yukon xl with a factory limited slip and 4wd and pull... No dice. Now the trailers buried to the axles in mud and I have the 72 hooked up to the trailer and it's not budging. I unloaded everything, dumped the water and now I am going to do some more digging. All that I can think of is to dig it down a bit, put down some plywood for a platform for a couple floor jacks, and then put some dry dirt underneath the tires. What fun.
  2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Jul 24, 2003

That sucks,but be glad your not in my backyard--we still have 10-20 inches of snow on the ground out here!:frown1:

I'd say jack up the trailer and put wood under the tires if its muddy--you will probably have to put wood under the jack too...I hate mud,next to snow its the worst thing to be stuck in,except maybe a lake..Times like this a winch would be REAL handy!.:crazy: