Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stuck Jeep (check this out)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Chris Demartini, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">Found this over on the Pirates site, figured I'd post it here. Apparently it was completely underwater and washed downstream before it was buried /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Stuck Jeep

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. krayzie

krayzie Registered Member

I was just reading that earlier today! Talk about messed up! I mean, I dont own a Jeep, and probably wouldnt, but I dont care if its in 20 foot flames, my azz is going after it! Hard to believe someone just left there crap out there for someone else to clean up. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Makes all of us look bad!

3. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

yup wheelin in the alaska wilds can be realy risky. Rivers and streams like that up thier claim untold numbers of trucks just like that. People get em stuck in the spring (when that stuff is just mush then expect to come back in the late part of summer and the truck isnt there anymore, and its down stream burried) /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

At the time it happend they were about to get washed down stream. The water was coming up. That Jeep was involved in the recovery of another truck when it was lost. People almost were washed down stream and could very well have died.

. At the time it happend it was not recoverable. There is a BUNCH of vehicle in that area including a K5 that is burried at a angle. The rear 1/4 is all that is visable and the front end is about 7ft under ground. If it burns you up so bad then go take a D9 out there and get them . The insurance companies will not pay for the recovery of most of the lost vehicle. It would cost more then the payout is.

5. krayzie

krayzie Registered Member

I dont really care what the circumstances of the situation were at the time... Those people were there to go wheeling and should have known that something like that could have happened. Even if it cost me a fortune to get it out, I would have done it had it been my rig, just out of respect for the land. What if I went to the local mudhole and got my truck stuck in 5 feet of water and blew the motor, then just got out and left it there... thats not considered responsible wheeling and its what will keep new places to wheel from ever opening!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Sorry if my opinion has upset or offended any of you. Going out wheeling is my favorite thing to do in life and I cant stand the thought of places closing down because someone cant clean there mess up... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

at least the tail light guards worked. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

good call.. headlights are gone... taillights are fine. guess them guards aint so cheesy after all. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

8. DieselBurb

DieselBurb 1/2 ton status

9. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

You know, after watching that video it makes me glad that I dont understand the Jeepthing. What a bunch of idiots!

I would hope someone sends this video to the Insurance company and they loose their @$$es on this deal. I think they should have to make payments on their destroyed TJ just for their own stupidity. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

10. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

How do you know that's not the owner out there recovering it? Is there more info on Pirates than is posted here? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

11. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Dude, Where did you find this vid? I thought I saw this truck on the PA turnpike- they had two jeeps with it. looks like the trucks went through hell and back...

[ QUOTE ]
    Here's a video of it as it goes from Heep to obstacle.
    Jeep Sinks Video

[/ QUOTE ]

12. Fry

Fry 1/2 ton status

13. stu454

stu454 1/2 ton status

Well! That certainly would've made my a** pucker up! I haven't read the articles, but I am wondering what made that guy drive out into an obviously fast-moving river that was VERY wide?

14. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that is about the stupidest thing i have seen someone do /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

15. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

agreed, the driver was an idiot. unless you've scouted the path on foot, or some equally equipped rig has gone ahead of you and made it just fine, there is no way in hell Im just driving into a wide/fast moving river. heep pretty much got what it deserved.

j

16. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

For those criticizing the Jeep owner please take the time to read the entire story. He and the white dodge went out to recover/rescue another guys truck. Yes they made some mistakes but it wasn't brutal stupidity.

Apparently that 'creek' can change very quickly and in the time it took to unstuck and hook up the first stuck truck it had risen and changed course drastically. The white Dodge was almost lost trying to save the guys in the Jeep, and the initial stuck truck is still there buried in the silt/gravel.

Damn that was a long read...nearly 30 pages between three separate threads.

Rene

17. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

talk about some hatred between people. the guys that recovered the jeep did a great job the rest of the trash talkers need to buy some honda low riders and stay out of the offroad game. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

18. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Thats a creek?! looks like a river! Im sure the water was lower, at one point, but once that high tide period comes in, the waters gonnna rise and get more rapid.

[ QUOTE ]
    For those criticizing the Jeep owner please take the time to read the entire story. He and the white dodge went out to recover/rescue another guys truck. Yes they made some mistakes but it wasn't brutal stupidity.

Apparently that 'creek' can change very quickly and in the time it took to unstuck and hook up the first stuck truck it had risen and changed course drastically. The white Dodge was almost lost trying to save the guys in the Jeep, and the initial stuck truck is still there buried in the silt/gravel.

Damn that was a long read...nearly 30 pages between three separate threads.

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

19. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Thats a creek?! looks like a river! Im sure the water was lower, at one point, but once that high tide period comes in, the waters gonnna rise and get more rapid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mettle (metal?) creek. Saw it spelled at least a half dozen ways. Sounds like glacial melt-off causes it to rise very quickly in the latter parts of the day during summer. Apparently they first crossed fairly early in the day, but by the time they got the Nissan hooked up it had risen quite a bit.

Sounds like a fairly honest mistake made in an extremely unforgiving environment.

Rene

20. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Definately seems like it. For that much silt to settle in the jeep.. it was more than moving water. It was like moving mud.

Oddly enough, I thought the rule to deep water crossing was to let water in so that the truck sank to the bottom so it didnt float away.