Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stuck Spark Plugs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jc71355, Aug 7, 2002.

1. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

What do Ya'll use to get stuck spark plugs out? I've tried WD40, Burlite, and some other stuff we had laying around and nothing worked. The PO put split sh!t plugs in there and I've got a bad miss so I'm guessing that's my problem. Any idea's are appreciated.

James

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

You've tried removing them when the engine is still hot or warm? The expansion/contraction difference in the metals should make it a bit easier shortly after driving the vehicle.

I've never heard of an honest to goodness stuck plug, there really should be no reason for them to be stuck that tight. Hope they didn't loc tite them in there or jb weld a stripped plug hole!

3. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Uh... Yea me too /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif . I will try it with the motor warm. Thanks for the tip.

4. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

Did you try pb blaster it works alot better than wd-40.

5. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

ZEP spray works. Have you tried tightening it and then loosening it? Once in a while this works. I'd give others' suggestion of trying it after you've driven it as well. Things like this is what makes me smile when I use anti-seise on mine. haha. Sorry to laugh at your misfortune.