Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stuck Sub

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ratzila, Jan 5, 2005.

1. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

Here is the pic of the sub stuck in a hole that a chevy with 49" iroks went through. I got winched out by a jeep because nobody wanted to hook me up. I had a guy in the burb to climb out the rear driver side window to go hook up the winch. He was voted because he was the tallest 6'-3". After I was pulled out, we did cross the pond a little over to the right. When I came back across the water was actually coming over the hood. When the day was over I drove the burb home 70 miles and the TH400 finally gave up. Oh well it's going to the tranny builder for a total rebuild:saweet: nvrenuf stayed home & missed the fun. I got to meet some other CK5'rs.Big94GMC did get to ride in the burb.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  2. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

Sweet looks like fun have any more pics.

3. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

4. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

thats a lot of trucks

Nice pics

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

So that's why people keep asking about driving "that boat":D Nice pics.

6. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

That's some deep water if your burb is in over it's bumper! did the guys with smaller trucks bring periscopes? :grin: Way too deep for my little K5 and the snow. At least I don't need to be a certified scuba diver for the recovery when I get stuck!

7. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

That's the bad part about wheeling in a swamp, somebody's going wading! What really sucks is having to get waist deep (or more) in that water in January. :yikes:

8. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

I have no rear bumper.I'll be getting DP_90K5 to build me one for a 12000lb winch & 44" bogger spare:thumb: The dude that went out to hook me up followed behind me in a stock jeep. We went through the trails to get to the pond and the water was going over my tires. He had water up in his air breather and auto tranny.I also got to winch out a stock Isuzu with a chain wrapped around the tail gate for the recovery point :rotfl:

9. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I think you missed the mud hole and ended up in a lake :D
    awesome but crazy :xmas:

10. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

They have always called that spot the pond. That is also real close to the area where I stuck my 91 blazer with 44" boggers. But that time it was mud with very little water.

11. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

David - that area is called the "The Pond" by folks that have only wheeled there for the past few years or so . The actual "Pond" is three to four power line poles south of that spot .

Just a tip if you take your truck back to the Swamp and go in that hole again - try to attack it by cross rutting - you will be amazed at what you will be able to go through .

I remember when you got stuck off in the saw grass with the Blazer - John and I WORKED OUR BUTT's OFF TO GET YOU OUT !

12. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

Yeah 3 trucks hooked up pulling with no winch + a lot of digging :D Thanks again to Tom & John. I have to get the tranny rebuilt and after hearing about the cops flying helicopters over there I probably will not go back. Did you get any work done on your blazer? Tell Lucas I owe him big time for winching me out:thumb:

13. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

It is a shame that a few bad apples ruin the whole barrell every year at Jone's .

I tinkered in the garage that day but I did not get squat done on my Blazer - I should have though .........

Are you going to get a regular ole rebuild done on your tranny or are you going to opt for some cool goodies ?

14. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

I'm just going to replace parts that were hurt. It already had the full manual valve body & art carr hardened input shaft. I will also go with the jw converter again.

15. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

Ahhh, I forgot that is the tranny that you had in the Blazer when you were killing parts from driveline vibrations . Is your JW converter a anti-balloon plate style ? I was VERY impressed with the JW converter that John had in his truck - it was overkill but it was nice knowing it could be abused all day long with no worries.

16. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

I don't think the converter is the same as the one I got was cheap. I will buy the better one this time. I got to get the truck ready for the bogs:D

17. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

You had better bring more to the table than a mild 454 if your going to play with the crowd at the mud bogs and expect to place high .

These guys are running WAAAAAAYYYY faster than they were when John and I were racing . These guys are serious - just off the top of my head I know of three different trucks with motors over the 500 cubic inch range and all of them are a minimum of .700 lift roller shafts. There are also a couple of billion RPM SBC's that are just incredible !
    Go with the attitude of having fun and enjoy the deep mud but if you want to win , you had better leave the 454 in your Burb in the Toyota and put a real high powered engine in that land barge .....

18. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

I plan on keeping the burb streetable. I want to try the deep pits even if I don't win. Its all fun. BTW you don't see them driving the trucks with 500+ci on the street :D The 4runner will be a trail rig & the 22re is staying in for reliability.

19. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

that place looks cool i wish there was something like that up here in canada that place rocks.

sucks to be this guy

[​IMG]

20. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

With all the land that is up there in Canada you don't have any places to ride:( Most of the areas are closed so we now have to travel to offroad parks to ride. It's gonna force me to get a pull truck & trailer. With the bushwacker cutouts off truck now I will be able to wheel it harder. I might even take it to Grayrock or Tellico:saweet: