Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stuck tire

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 69k5blaz, Mar 25, 2003.

1. 69k5blaz

69k5blaz Registered Member

I just bought some sweet new tires and rims (35" bfg mud on baha allum rims) and a new 6" lift. Well I got the tires first and wanted to see if i could squeeze them in the wheel wells. But the original rear tire is stuck on the drum. Any suggestions for getting it off.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Did you try taking off the lugnuts? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Seriously though, are the rims real rusty or anything? that's kind of odd that it's stuck on there like that. BFH on the backside of the rim might work...

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

that happened on my blazer..when the wheels are on there for a long time and it gets rusty it will stick like a beotch.

4. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I either take a hammer to the back of the rim or if Im at work Ill hang on the lift and kick it till it comes off /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. paulbunyan

paulbunyan Registered Member

if you hit your rim with a hammer you will wreck it. use a block of wood in between or a rubber mallet. if it is on the front you can try losining the lug nuts and turning the wheel. just make sure you dont losen them to much that you damage your wheel studs