Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stuck With a Lift Kit Problem????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by looloozu, Oct 30, 2006.

1. looloozu

looloozu Registered Member

Ok so i got a 4" lift kit. for my 81 blazer/ Kit(new leafs,shocks, stearing arm and rear shakle flips) Got the kit installed and seems to be fine BUT!!! when i drive down the road the truck shakes ALOT. I didnt have the problem before the kit. I took the front shaft out and im waiting for the new one. So the front shaft ant maken it shake. I tryed with the wheels locked and unlocked no change. The rear shaft seems to be fine and i have 2degs from tcase to rear axle. so i think im fine there. the local tire shop said my tires and aligment are ok. i have no movement in the rear axle from side to side and new u joints all around. But i still have a funny shake. and its a big shake. so much i dont drive it. it only shakes when i give it the gas. no matter the speed 10,20,30 and i let off the gas and she smooths right out. anyone have any ideas?????

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

are all the leaf spring bolts tight? how about ubolts? did you retorque them after putting a few miles on it?
    does it feel like its coming from the front or the rear?

3. looloozu

yea i checked all the ujoints and the leafs everything is nice and tight. and i cant tell from witch end its so bad the whole truck shakes. the only thing i can explain is its like all the lugs are loose on the wheels are flopping around. thats what it feels like. but it only shakes when i give it the gas.

4. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Did you also add larger tires with the lift? Larger tires add more stress in the steering. Could be balljoints, tres or busted wheel bearings.

5. looloozu

no same tires. 31" no other changes other then taken the front shaft out and correcting the angle in the rear drive line.

6. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i vote rear ujoint! your rear ujoint is def. the sound i think.. makes a loud deep humm while the whole truck shakes when on the gas but stops when off the gas and coasting?

7. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

my vote was gonna be ujoint as well. they are cheap and easy enough replace...might as well eliminate the simple stuff while taking care of some maintenance.

8. ssped

ssped 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

If Ujoint is good point the rear pinion up 2 degrees and see if it gets better. I really had to dial mine in to get rid of the vibs and I am only running a rear shackle flip no rear lift on top of that.

9. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

+1 vote for pinion angle

It should be within 1° of the t-case output angle.

10. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

Make that 2. If thats not it, it sounds like your getting axle wrap while accelerating. My front did that until I fixed the pinion angle. And yes it only did it when I got into the gas.