Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stuff for a case of beer- Garage clean out! Computers and Cars

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by Pookster, Sep 26, 2004.

1. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

My garage is getting way too full of.. stuff. Please check on the bottom for stuff Im willing to trade for!

87 Chevy k5 bumpers black, with rub strip. Front one is mint, the rear one has a bit of damage, but its good enough to use if you have nothing else.

Brackets for said bumper- I think I have most of them still, unbent.

Styrafoam insulating panels- I think I've got about 50 3x8 sheets.

Lund Visor- White, but the clear coat is peeling. A quick spray will fix that. Fits 88+ GM trucks. Unsure of previous year fitments.

Zenith LP & 8 track player- Great condition, awesome sound.

Keyboards- Lots of new keyboards (computer, ps2 style)

Motorola Startac/timeport/talk about/v-series Chargers- Quite a few of them (like 5), plus several car chargers.

Nokia Car charger- 5100-6100 series. I know they also charge the later series, but not sure which ones. I know it fits and charges even recent phones.

89-92 Ford Probe GT/ Mazda mx6/626 Spark plugs, brand new, in box. Motorcraft brand. Set of 4.

89-92 Ford Probe GT/ Mazda Mx6 Semi metallic brake pades and raybesto brake pads (front and rear). New, unused, in box.

Rancho 5000 shocks with boots, used, but they seem to function OK. They do not seem to be a nitrogen charged style. For a 4" lift ssystem, front and rear.

4" lift blocks, with centering pins- bolt this into your stock spring pack, and your all set. No u-bolts.

Cobra CB radio. Was given to me, but I dont have a power cord for it, so I dont know if it works. Looks clean though.

IBM 20 or 21" paperwhite monichrome monitors- excellent for "CAD" and architechture applications. Significantly smaller dot pitch (.20 I think) than regular monitors. Originally designed for AS/400 systems and RS6000 workstations, these have adapter cards to work with your application. (I've got two of these).

Digital Corporation (DEC) Alpha Workstation, 64 bit RISC Alpha processor running at 233. Comes with scsi and ethernet built in. WIll include Seagate HD as well as internal SCSI CD rom drive.(Note: Alpha processors will only work with NT 4.0 Alpha edition (standard disk) Linux, BSD, or DEC OSF1.)

Zip Drives, and Jaz Drives, all SCSI.

PC Card (for notebooks) Modems & Network cards combos (Ositech)

Compaq proliant dual pentium 1 with 7 SCSI 4gb hd's. Its intended purpose was originally for Novell Netware, which is not very CPU intensive, as compared to windows. This machine will run Linux, BSD, Netware, or NT 4.0 It is probably a little slow for windows 2000. Comes with RAID controller.

HP LC3 PII Servers- Redundant HD's, and redundant power supplies ensures this sucker will keep running even when the going gets tough. Will run 2000, 2000 server, 2000 advanced server without any problems. I've used this similiar setup for running IIS, VPN's, and web transactions. Until you start doing 1000 transactions a minute, you dont need anything else. Comes with a 24gb tape backup unit and 3 9gb segate baracuda HD's.

Stuff I want in exchange:
    A good condition (no leak) 55 gallon drum, with cover or sealable opening. You can get these at most car washes, just not around me. I need two.

Beer. Case of anything will do. Just no old milwakee. I prefer coors.

Hand crank for said 55 gallon drum.

Long bed or short bed 88->98 fuel tank. (in the rails style). Sender not necessary,but a plus, (might give cash too).

Ammo- 12ga, 9mm, .45 ACP, or 30-06. Hand loads are a ++

Got a paint shop? Paint my truck. I've got the paint, reducers, and clear coat. Just touch up my body work, and paint. You tint windows? Tint my truck.

88+ GM bucket seats, preferably off a silverado or sierra. Must recline.

8 lug stuff- lets see what you got to trade.

$$$ is always good, but a lot of these things either wont fetch that much, or fetch too much. you guys decide.

2. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Zenith LP & 8 track player- Great condition, awesome sound.

Tell me more about this one. Year made ? Model number ?Pictures ?

Blake

3. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Cobra cb. Mic included? Model #? Total price shipped 29101?

Thanks John

4. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

Pookster...
    Love your pricing/bartering system! Didn't see much that i could use, but had to ask if there's any connection between the 55 gallon drum, handcrank and beer? I'm getting a vision /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif of this that might be interesting! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

THe zenith has to be like qa late 1970's model- it has wood sides, polished front, AM/FM radio with a "meter" to tell you when your in the best tuning, also has a LP player that works. I have the original speakers soemwhere for this sucker, but those are probably not in great shape.

I'll get you some pics after wed.

6. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks John

[/ QUOTE ]

15-20 bucks max with beer. However much a 6 pack costs for this one plus actual shipping charges. Probably be like 12-15 bucks. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif And yes it still has the mic

7. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Beer is like cash! Other than that, you may be wondering why I have such.. weird items that I want.

I run my truck on vegetable oil- So I need a "large" container to store it in, and of course, some way to get it out. (hence the hand crank).problem is, I dont want to add more stuff tot he garage before I cleared some stuff out.

Im realling hopign someone has a drum...

8. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

pookster

to far to send the beer so ill send money instead. just dont drink and drive. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4" lift blocks, with centering pins- bolt this into your stock spring pack, and your all set. No u-bolts.

thanks

69k5

9. ColAdo82K5

That would be great. Sounds like something interesting.
    Blake

10. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks John

[/ QUOTE ]
    Can I get a pic?

11. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

will post pics of stereo, blocks, and .. stuff.

12. botboy

botboy 1/2 ton status

HP LC3 PII Servers- Redundant HD's, and redundant power supplies ensures this sucker will keep running even when the going gets tough. Will run 2000, 2000 server, 2000 advanced server without any problems. I've used this similiar setup for running IIS, VPN's, and web transactions. Until you start doing 1000 transactions a minute, you dont need anything else. Comes with a 24gb tape backup unit and 3 9gb segate baracuda HD's.

What kind of case is this in? If its rackmount I might be interested.

13. ColAdo82K5

Still wondering about the stereo...