Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stuff for my K5??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Capman2k, Jun 30, 2001.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I had a new windshield installed today, I put in a digital clock, a compass... Soon I'm gonna get a windshield banner and some ColoradoK5.com stickers, and of course a better stereo/speakers, and a CB...

Anything else you guys can think of?? fuzzy dice :)...
    I need a step.. should I get full running boards or just one of those little bar things?

79 K5 Blazer Cheyenne.... That's all I have to say about that.

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

If you are going to put steps on, get the least obtrusive things possible - I've got the Carr hoop steps held on with wing nuts for a quick release - Anything hanging lower than the rocker panels on a K5 is like a magnet for body bashing rocks.

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>http://pugsley.alloffroad.com</A>

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

What kind of stuff are you interested in getting?... Because if we are just throwing stuff out there idea wise get a fat lift, new driveline, some 44's along with some Dana 60's and a set of Dana's for me as well! [​IMG]

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, what do you want to do with it? TTC, Daily Driver, Mud Drag, Indy 500, Trailer Queen, Show Truck? And how big is your budget? The possibilites(sp?) are endless with K5's! [​IMG]

Murphy's Laws on Life :
    "The longer you wait in line, the greater the liklihood that you are standing in the wrong line." [​IMG]

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

welp... I don't want to lift it and it's my daily driver, but I may go off roading occasionally.. nothing too hardcore, just maybe on some mountain dirt roads, or where I usually go in town (www.geocities.com/capman2k/pics.html)... I want it to look good, keep about the same MPG as it gets now (as much as that's possible anyway), and be useful for whatever I do... I have around $400 or $500 to spend on stuff right now give or take some...

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Get a nice set of wheels. That will really make your truck look better.

And you not wanting to lift your truck won't last long. Now you want to leave it alone, in 6 months you'll want a mild lift, a year after that you'll want 4-6 inches, and after that sometimes you'll want to do something monsterous! I know, because I've been there/done that.

If it doesn't already have a good set of tires, get a nice set of 31"-33" tires of a good tread pattern. Don't buy All Terrains. They're not off-road tires.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I bought it with brand new tires, so it'll be a while before I run out and get new ones... About the lift, I'd believe it... Today I noticed I feel low to the ground again... I'm getting used to this truck :) One thing I'm not used to yet is the dar Hondas around here that are so low to the ground they disappear from view behind me and I worry about them just driving right under me and showing up in front :)

8. ironmikek5

ironmikek5 1/2 ton status

Lift, Lift, Lift.

There is nothing like the feeling of a F@rd Expedition owner looking up at you as he passes. Yessssssssss.

<font color=red>"Oil? That's not my oil...that was there before" </font color=red>[​IMG]

9. J.C.Staley

J.C.Staley Registered Member

If you're serious about steps I would suggest a set of SEC rock sliders with removable steps. When the going get tight and ugly you just pull them off instead of tearing them off.

10. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Well I like the MSD Coil and NGK spark plugs gapped @ .060. I think it is a very cheap and effective mod for milage and power... especially if you upgrade to a very nice MSD or Taylor Plug wire set.
    Headers or a nice new growling exhaust sytems always sounds sweet as well as improves milage and power.
    The last mod is a no brainer... ask anyone... the ORD Steering Brace. Even on a stock truck that sees only street driving the frame can crack... so get the safety device and prevent it since you do offroad. It also seems to help out alot w/ steering feel in general.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</A>