Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stuff like this always seems to happen.......

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazin'Grrl, May 22, 2000.

1. Blazin'Grrl

Blazin'Grrl Registered Member

Well, got my Blazer still! The day my Dad's g/f was coming to get it, the tranny in the Buick went out! I guess that's not luck, but it got my Blazer back to me, if only for the time being. I got a kick-ass system put into the Blazer for now, (it'll go into the Buick when I get it back) but....all my muthaf*^%&#$& CD's got stolen!! That's the story of my life...gotta have something bad happen to have something good happen.
    Blazer's running perfect, though! Haven't had to do anything but regular maintenance to it for a long time now. :)

<font color=purple>Sarah</font color=purple>
    <font color=purple>[​IMG]'83 K-5 Silverado Blazer[​IMG]</font color=purple>

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Sorry to hear that Grrl. I got a bunch of CD's, CD Player, 2 cases of Beer and a couple other things stolen from my truck last summer. That just pisses me off! Punks should get a job and buy your own $#!t! But anyways, glad to hear you got your K5 back, atleast for a little while.
    Boss

3. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

THEY STOLE YOUR BEER????? Aint that grounds for Hanging?
    Sorry to hear though Grrl, at least you got the blazer back for a while.

4. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>That's why I don't even have a radio. I'm only a few miles from new york city and not a week goes by where i don't hear of cars being broken into and stuff being stolen out. I don't leave anything of value in my K5 because chances are it won't be there after a while.</font color=blue>

5. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear you still got a Blazer. I just want to know how may neutral drops you had to do to get the Tranny to shell in the buick?

Kyle
    89K5

6. mike race

mike race 1/2 ton status

one good way to protect against cd theft is to buy a cheap cd burner and copy all of your cd's. it is legal to make 1 duplicate copy for backup. Keep the duplicate set in your vehicle. most times they wont steel copied cd's. they sell them at pawn shops and they won't take copied cd's.I do this with all my kids games also. If my son scratches it i'm not out a $50 game. blank cd's are about a buck and a cheap cd burner is $200.

fix'n finally

7. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Yeah, that happens. A few years ago there was the news of a convenience store in a gas station that was robbed. The robbers had guns and everything. They didn't take any money or anything else, just a huge piramid of beer. They just tossed the beer in the back of a truck! Incredible!

<font color=black>//////
    What the heck!...Drive it like gas is $0.50/gal!!!
    </font color=black>[​IMG]

8. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear that you still have your Blazer. Maybe this will give you time to think your next move to prevent her from 'stealing' it. Did you mention to her that a Blazer can get mileage as low as 8MPG in the city? Maybe that could help a little.

<font color=black>//////
    What the heck!...Drive it like gas is $0.50/gal!!!
    </font color=black>[​IMG]

9. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Hey girl enjoy the Blazer while you have it that's good news and sorry for the tranny in your Buick, and to mike race what kind of cd burner do you have my boss bought one at work but the one he has wont copy games only music and computer programs, but not the games he might be doing it wrong.

LOVE MY GREEN GIANT!!!

10. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

Hey BGirl, I got tons of extra cds that I hardly listen to.... what kind of music do you like, maybe you could help me get rid of some.

BBone 85'K5
    Wilderness Roof Rack in the winter, Skyler in the summer...

11. Blazin'Grrl

Blazin'Grrl Registered Member

Dumb thing about my CD's is that I left them at school in a 20-case of them, called and made sure the teacher but them somewhere safe, and the next day they had been gone through and someone just took the ones they wanted! (which happened to be the good ones!)
    What do I listen to?? Metal, Rock, alternative stuff...I like older stuff the Ozzy and The Doors and AC/DC.....newer like Slipknot (my favorite!!) Korn, Tool, System of a Down....etc...
    You know what sucks is I had a burner at my mom's house but I just moved in with my Dad......
    Life's like that.....

<font color=purple>Sarah</font color=purple>
    <font color=purple>[​IMG]'83 K-5 Silverado Blazer[​IMG]</font color=purple>

12. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

sorry to about your stuff about 6 mouhts ago some one stole my alpine spakers out the back of my k5 wile I was haveing it worked on and it really pissed me off that is why I am scard to get a soft top at less you got your blazer back

Go prepared, To go every where