Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stuff you find in your truck.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NJ SAR Guy, Jun 20, 2000.

1. NJ SAR Guy

NJ SAR Guy Registered Member

A good friend of mine is always telling stories about factory workers playing pranks at the factory and doing things like putting beer cans insie firewalls at the factory, and a owner ofa vehicle discovers what the rattling is 20 years later just before taking the car to a junk yard. Of course I dismissed this as foolish ranting. (You would too if you knew him.)
    Okay, a few posts ago, I made a comment about being disgusted at the stress fractures I found when pulling up my carpet. I ALSO commented about finding something that I'm still laughing about. Two CRABS underneath the carpet. Dead of course. Measuring about two inches across each. Yes I did get pictures and yes I will post them as soon as they are developed. My question is, what have you found in your truck? OR any other vehicle you've owned? I can't prove my crabs (I don't like the sound of that) are from when my K5 was built as it had at least two owners before me, but I think it's wierd still.

NJ SAR Guy

NJ SAR Guy

Please excuse all of my misspelled wurds.

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I bought my '73 from a crazy old man a few years ago. I think the dude that owned it before him was a major party goer. I found a bunch of beer cans smashed under the back seat. Found a can of Kodiak chew under the carpet almost a year after I bought it. And the CRAZY thing was it was still moist...go figure. AND, a few months ago when I put a new dash on I found some whack stuff when I took the old one off. An empty packet of "mini thins" and a razor blade!!! I laughed my balls off. Once I pull up the rest of the carpet I expect to find a few kilos of cocaine. lol

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

After taking my Blazer to have something fixed a long time ago, I noticed that the drivers seat had been set for a smaller person. This seat has always been hard to move, so I had to stick my hand underneath to move the mechanism to adjust the seat. What did I discover there? The dirtiest nastiest stinkiest pair of socks you could imagine. My guess is that a mechanic had left them there because they were very different from anyone in the house. Someone else suggested it was black magic!?

Besides that If I add all the dried up french fries I've found, I think it's about a large order from Burger King!

<font color=blue>//////
    http://blazer79.coloradok5.com
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I have been installing car phones for 13years and found losts of strange thing left in cars by the workers. I was always comming accross assembly line work gloves under seats and carpets. Plenty of screws, clips, tab, connectors and even a couple of hand tools like screw drivers and wrenches. I'm not talking about cars that are 10 years old here I'm talking about cars that are 2 weeks old. Best thing I ever found was under the back seat of a Lincoln. Was the complete driver door control pannel that included the power seat control and power window switches. I called the dealer and asked what they cost and was told $450 bucks. I sold it to the very same parts dept for $200. They said they had found simular stuff before and that control was prone to failure...they were only to happy to buy it. Seems they short out when the window is left partly down in the rain and they sold a good many of them. They even fessed up that their cost was $290.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

5. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I didnt really find too much (except a bad tranny) in my blazer since it was bare bones when I bought it. No carpet, two front and one back seat. But I've had it since my oldest who is nine was two. In those wierd years enuff stuff has been lost, smeared, wiped, stuffed, shoved, crammed, spilt, evaporated, condensed...... I think you gets where I'm going! Anyway the next poor bastard that gets this blazer is in for a surprise. An archeological team couldnt figure half of the stuff in my blazer out.

6. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I found a box of fishing hooks stuck to my factory 4x10's a few rolled cigarettes (yes it was tabacco) under my dash.... an old drivers license from the guy my dad bought it from in the drivers door panel.

Bigger is Better
    Cameron Burnett
    82 Jimmy

7. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

I work for Enterprise Rent A Car as a car prep for my second job. I wash and detail the cars basically, among other things. I've found all sorts of stuff. Enough weed ash and seeds to give me a contact buzz for several hours (and I'm in the Marines!) one time, the car was literally coated in it. Condoms(used and unused), "soiled panties", doobies, needles, door openers, cameras, cell phones, CD's and cassettes, umbrellas, jumper cables, all kinds of military equipment(one of the branches is on a base), enough kids toys to keep a 3 year old occupied for at least a day, fire wood(I'm in San Diego, CA!), all kinds of stuff. Some car preps have found really interesting stuff, guns, knives, hard drugs, ammo, obviously stolen stuff, hard core sex stuff(how come I never find any?), lots of stuff that either worries you or makes you laugh. Of course, some of the people who rent from us aren't exactly the "cream of the crop either". This guy rents a car for a week while on vacation two weeks ago, is really rude to my Manager, is really rude about "trying to get a hook up/discount", and then starts smoking in the vehicle before he has even left our parking lot. Returned it to Enterprise last week, just completely covered in junk. Looked like 3 fast food restaurants had exploded in it. Newspapers, dirt, leaves, trash, all kinds of stuff in it. Oh yeah, and it smelled COMPLETELY OF SMOKE! Left a cell phone and a remote for something in it. Well, we gave him an extra 100 on his bill for a detailing fee, and then I "lost" the items he left. If he tries to call his cell phone, he may be able to talk to some fish, but probably not. A little off subject, but just a lesson in what NOT to do with a rent a car. Later.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Gibson, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's

8. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I found like $4 in pennies under my carpet and a Phish CD and the little book that comes in the case in the passenger door panel. My window rolled down a lot faster than it did before once I got it out. My family just rented a pos taurus from Hertz and my little brother shoved all kinds of stuff down the window like a plastic bag, a few subscription things from a magazine and a map of New York. i feel sorry for the people that end up buyiong rental cars. They probably find stuff in there for years

9. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

i found a socket in the frame of my '69 chevelle. i think it would have been left from the factory because it looked 30 years old.

Knife.

10. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

After my mother bought her brand new 97 S10, I was showing her where the jack goes, etc...
    I looked up in the frame and there was a nice flexible extension for a ratchet or screw gun. It now resides in my tool box.

Rob 85K5

<font color=orange>Bleedin' Chevy Orange</font color=orange>

11. BigBurban

BigBurban 1/2 ton status

I know a guy who put a bigger cam in his '97 Z28 and found a 1/2 drill bit laying in the lifter valley, and YES he owned it from the day it made it's way onto the dealership's lot.

I once had a '87 Dodge Conquest (never buy one of these) and while sitting at the Wendy's drive through I notice a panel on the center console that was loose. I popped it up and found a baggy that smelled like the green stuff with a piece of twisted coat hanger obviously fashioned to clean out a pipe.

When I used to do car stereo we found some funny stuff too. One installer I worked with found a tube of some cherry smelling sex lube and the SOB squirted some on my shirt as a joke... Well about a week later while I was under the dash of a Geo Tracker I saw some panties with a cream patch and a skid mark on them under the driver's. I grabbed them with a pair of pliars and called the guy over. As soon as he realized what they were and started laughing, I whipped them right up in his face and ran like hell [​IMG]. Ah the good old days. On a more serious note, another installer found a gun with all the markings crudely ground off, cracked grip, broken sight, etc under the backseat of a morally questionable customer's "G-ride". We called the cops, put the car outside, and let the situation unfold as we watched from inside.

LOL! My friend in college got crabs and had to use that shampoo. Maybe you should get some of that stuff for your carpet! [​IMG]

12. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

that is sick HeHe and that is why my K5 has no carpet in it

[​IMG]Go prepared
    </font color=red>90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

13. 85GMCJimmy

85GMCJimmy Registered Member

I found a tailgate cable under the carpet in my truck.

14. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

My dad took a new hired hand around to show him the ropes, my dad noticed the guy was always scratching his head...about 2 days into the new guys job he told my dad "hey man I gotta da bugs! Goin to da doctor.) my dad got really worried about what bugs he had. So he went to the doctor (the only one in town) and he said it was the single worst case of head lice and pubic lice he had ever seen. My dad had to get his car shampooed with some special crap that smelled like crap. Then my dad had lice...so don't let anyone scratching there head and saying they got bugs in your k5. Off subject but funny.

Bigger is Better
    Cameron Burnett
    82 Jimmy

15. 79Cheyenne

79Cheyenne 1/2 ton status

I found a neclace made from the old pop tops(for those of you who can remember) and a rusty church key.

<font color=orange>1979 BLAZER Cheyenne[​IMG]

16. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Well this was actually my doing, one of my friends got stuck four wheeling (it was a f*rd, what can I say), well we finally got him out and I was caked in mud. Needless to say I had some serious mud on the floor panels. Well about 2 weeks later (In my old truck, wasn't worth cleaning) I noticed I had about an inch and a half of grass growing down in the corner of the floor panel. It was rather funny to say the least.

17. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

I replaced some dash wiring a while back and found a pen, lighter, pliers, and a match book complete with phone number. Ladies, if you never got that call about 4 years ago, that's why. hahaha

BTW; I had a '77 K5 in high school that would eat stuff. I would loose BIG things like 32oz cups and stuff like that. I still think it had a black hole under the center console.

Mud is just thick water, or is it that water is just thin mud?

18. rem7600

rem7600 1/2 ton status

Hey MudFrog!
    A picture is in order! big <G>

[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>REM7600 - '89 Jimmy</font color=purple>

19. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Hey I would but at the time the thought never crossed my mind to take a picture. I was too busy laughin. I'll take pics from now on though :)

20. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

about 4 years ago a friend and I were cutting the rear clip off his 85 monte SS. (We flipped it one night, thats another story). So we go buy a parts monte to cut the rear clip off that one so we can weld it to his. We get the parts monte to his house, we start working, lift the rug out of the back... and there it is a vial of crack, yes crack, with the crack still in it. After laughing our baxxs off, we smoked it....just kidding we ditched it in the sewer.