Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stuffed the engine finally!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ZooMad75, Oct 19, 2003.

1. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Apr 5, 2003
    Its been over 6 months that I bought my 75, complete with very blown up 350. For $500 I could not pass it up. So my buddy Larry and I spent the day yesterday on the the swap and had it running by 7:00. Yea, we started at 9:00 in the morning, but we were not in a hurry and the headers were a pain in the ass too.

I have to say I have never seen a bigger hole punched through the pan on the engine we pulled out of it. I got a 4" section of the cam that was fractured on both ends from the bottom of the pan. The sound that thing made when it went must have been awesome!

As an added Bonus when we pulled the cap on the HEI, we found that it wasn't your ordinary HEI befitting a $500 truck, but a MSD Super HEI! It might explain the way it likes to rev!

All in all, its in, drives (cherry bombs need to go!) and is parked in my driveway (rather than yard art for Larry's Wife to gripe about!). Now to start saving the dough for some 4" front springs, ORD shackle flip and the rest needed to gain some altitude for the 35"s planned. The rest of the clearance required will come by way of the sawzall!!!

Thanks to Larry for all the help on this one....Almost time to hit the trail!

Check out the pics here......
  2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

Apr 7, 2002
    looks fun!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif