Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stuid low down dirty...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by willyswanter, Dec 30, 2002.

1. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Crooks!!! Someone came into my driveway last night, drilled my locking hitch pin, and stole my hitch! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif If I ever see that thing on a truck around here I'm running it off the road!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was only 30 bucks worth of materials but I put 10 hours of work into making that thing perfect to only have it ripped off a couple months after making it /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

THAT SUCKS!!!

I am looking for a 12" drop myself. I know how expensive these 12" are, I can only imagine how expensive yours COULD be with 10 hours of work in it.

Best of luck.

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Chances are it's not that far away. Hope you find the SOB. BTW they probably think it's a store bought part and think if you see it you could not proove it's yours.

4. willyswanter

Well, this is a 16" drop. We have really low trailers. I priced one before I built that one for a 14" drop with a 5k pound rating it was over 500 bucks... And it wasn't built anything like this one. This one is solid 1" x 4.5" plate with 1" gussets and a solid bar 2" piece that slides into the receiver. I mean it weighed 109 pounds you would have think I would have heard the dudes taking it...

5. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

You will find them! And when you do give 'em one more for the team!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifKick his A$$ sea bass!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I remember how proud you were when you finished it... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gifNow go out and get them FAWKERS..... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

7. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gifThat sucks Jason! Hope you find the bastiges!

I remember when I caught some asswipes stealing the stereo out of my 79 K10. I went after them with a bat and they got away in their car. Managed to get the license # and the cops didn't do sh*t. Should of just called the cops and stayed quiet until they showed.

8. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Those locking pins are hard to drill threw.. I had one on my first Blazer when I bought it and the guy lost the key to it.. I had to drill and grind that thing off. It wasn't easy.. Hope you find the guy....

9. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

When/if you build another get some alpha. punches or an engraver and put your name on it. Hope you find them.

10. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Unless they use it for a boat anchor you should be able to find them /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifThat is one identifable drop hitch /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifThere is no way you or someone on here wouldn't recognize it /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Hope you get it back and be able to pay back the sorry SOB that took it /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

11. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear that...that's one hefty chunk of metal.
    I'm thinking....all you'll have to do is find another truck in your area with about the same amount of lift. Why? Well, because with 14" of drop, what other kind of truck could have that thing mounted without it dragging through the pavement. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

12. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

next one you build.....weld your name or some tag line on it, then it will be easy to spot.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

13. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

That is friggin low, stealing a trailer hitch. At least it is identifiable. Now im getting paranoid about my winch and stuff on my truck. better chain'er up i guess.

14. willyswanter

Yep, I need to take our trash trailer to the dump wednesday to /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. So guess that means tomorrow I'll be building Uber Hitch Part 2. May even break the 200 pound mark /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif . But what I think I'll do is take it down to school and cnc engrave a name and possible phone # into it... Prob. end up machining my own hitch pin for it or something.

15. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

thats BS dude. hope you find the a$$hole and teach him a thing or two...

16. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

Didnt someone have there starter stolen recently...

Geeze I'm scared to park on the street anymore... some one might steel my stickers... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

17. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

dang, well that sucks, even tho if you do see it in operation that thing is easy to spot in itself, yea id personally kick that persons ass, and steal the hitch back, or put the hitch through their head, and then pour gear lube on them, and light it on fire, yea but even if you do see the hitch in use, follow the person and confront them with a couple of friends, good luck on that. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

18. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

I'll let you know if I see it in Omaha. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

19. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'll bet whoever did this is from the Gay area...
    They must be some fag's for stealing your drop hitch.
    Little do they know that with one little post you have the whole state of California out looking for the mo-fo thats gonna be running around with some huge truck thinking its just an off the shelf hitch. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    I made a mental note of exactly what your hitch looks like and I'm keeping and eye around here!
    I'll try to get the hitch but if i can't i'll just steal their licence plate so you know who it is and you could figure out where to find em. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

20. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    I hope we find sucka'!
    Ryan B. is right, we'll all be looking out around here and when we find 'em... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif