Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stull Grill???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JimmyJuneau, Aug 16, 2001.

1. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

What do you use to cleam your stull aluminum grill with, what can I polish it with to make i look like it did when it was new?

1985 GMC JIMMY

2. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Is it aluminum? If so, get some rubbing compound and buff and polish her back to new, then clear coat it, to preserve shine. If chromed or annodized steel, good luck, might as well pick out a color you like. Just my 2cents worth.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

3. Scooter

Scooter 1/2 ton status

I had a chrome tube grill in my 87 K5. dont know the brand, it was on it when i got it. anyway .. it was chrome and I used some cloth strips for polishing the spokes on a motorcycle wheel. Worked great. Took the grime and rust right off, left a really nice shine on it.

Scot in KC, MO.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.off-road.ws/images/users/Scooter/side_right_2.jpg>Blue 87 GMC Jimmy</a>
    Red 86 Toyota 4Runner (for sale $2000 obo)

4. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

By far the best metal polish that I have found is Mother's polish. I just sanded my aluminum door locks with 1500 grit sand paper and then used the metal polish. It's now a mirror reflection.

5. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Gooses Magic Mix, its the best I've used..........