Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stupid 350th question (URGENT) more added

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Redfrog, Oct 15, 2001.

1. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

I'm changing the tranny fluid again in my 350th and have a question about the filter does the actual filter side go up or down? the filter I have will not fit if I put it up but if I put the metal side up it will fit fine (the old one had the filter material facing up) but this one does not even come close to fitting that way HELP!!!
    edit: also are the holes in the metal part supposed to line up with the holes in the valvebody?
    my 79 rust bucket will run over your 2001 chevy 4X4 tahoe plastic wagon<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Redfrog on 10/15/01 04:51 PM.</FONT></P>

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Re: stupid 350th question (URGENT)

In a TH350 the filter should face upards....the metal towards the ground....two screws hold it on if i remember right....try rotating it all directions it should line up otherwise you have got the wrong filter

What? You think the hole is too deep? Lemme see...
    1985 GMC C-10 Shortbed
    1984 Chevy K-5 Blazer