Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stupid antenna wire

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by muddysub, Jan 14, 2003.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

grrr. the plug on my antenna wire is too long! where my cb is mounted, the plug for the back sticks out like 2" and it's too long, it would have to stick through the floor! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif is there a wire out there with a smaller plug on it?

2. VA-NC-SC

VA-NC-SC Registered Member

if I understand your post correctly, you are saying that the cb fits but the plug on the coax from the antenna is too deep. Go to your local well-stocked radio shack and see if they have any ends that will be smaller, if not then move the cb a little forward, doesnt sound like too much of a problem :-)

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I had that problem with the spot I wanted to put my CB in the S-Jimmy. Radio Shack sells a right angle adapter that solved it nicely. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif It screws onto the antenna port on the radio, then the cable screws onto the adapter.

4. VA-NC-SC

VA-NC-SC Registered Member

good idea, I hadn't thought of that :-)

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

cool thanks guys i'll go to radioshack soon then. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif