Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stupid blazer top question, lol

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big d, May 25, 2003.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

i believe some one on here mentioned that the slider top vent wing is suppost to move, is this true ? i dont want to pb blaster or wd40 mine up, mess with it, just to break it. please any one with any knowledge or experience with this respond. thanks ahead of time.

2. rock.monkey

rock.monkey 1/2 ton status

yup they move.

3. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

Hell yeah they move. that's why I don't open my sliders /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

one spins like a fan blade with the slider window open...my set screws are rusted and I can't tighten or lossen them. Thinking on trying to drill them out and put a little bigger allen-head screw in this time. Hate to mess it up though.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Hell yeah they move. that's why I don't open my sliders.
    one spins like a fan blade with the slider window open...my set screws are rusted and I can't tighten or lossen them. Thinking on trying to drill them out and put a little bigger allen-head screw in this time. Hate to mess it up though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is exactly why I went back to solid glass. I'd hate to have to replace a piece of that vent assembly, and the small steel screws in aluminum for 15+ years don't want to come out. Not to mention all the felt trim and stuff.

It's worth the effort to take the top off if its hot enough to need vent windows /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif