Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stupid blower motor HELP?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chevyfumes, Nov 23, 2001.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I was replacing the heater blower motor on my 74 W/AC and the new motor is to long when I install the fan turbine it is 5/8 of an inch to long. Didn't get a chance to ask the parts store if the newer fans were shorter... Does anyone know about this, what a PITA for something that should be so simple...[​IMG]

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

2. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

Are you sure you cant remove your old fan and replace it with th new one When I replaced my blower motor on my 85. It didt come with a fan but I had to remove the fan from the old motor and install it on the new one.

1985 GMC JIMMY

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Yes when I put the OLD fan back on it makes the entire unit 5/8 " longer. I was wondering if you get a new fan if they are shorter to acomidate the shaft of the new motor....

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

4. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

You put the fan aon the right way right? If you did my guess would be that the parts guy gave you the wrong blower?

1985 GMC JIMMY

5. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

The last one I bought was the complete unit with the motor and fan. Your new motor came without the fan? [​IMG]

'85 K5 : Run it til it breaks, then fix it and go again!

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I did call a different parts store and we compared motor dimentions over the phone and it was the same as my new one. now all I have to do is talk Mr. chevy 4x4 into taking his apart and measure his motor and fan [​IMG]... my thinking on it is that they combined all years(for aftermarket) and that I'll have to buy a new fan, thats shorter...I hope, or its time to turn sh!t into icecream[​IMG]