Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stupid Bosses

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gofergurl, May 11, 2006.

1. gofergurl

gofergurl 1/2 ton status

Why do bosses turn on their employees when they decide to quit for legitimate reasons? My boss has done it to every person that has quit to go do something better.
    It irritates me to no end because of all the sh!t that I have done to cover her @$$. I skipped my class that I had during work fall semester so that I could help with the students because another employee was out with pnemonia (sp?). I am leaving so that I can take day classes and also get a job that will give me nights and weekends.
    She used to be concerned with how I was doing, and not tell the others to get the information for her. None of my ideas are good anymore, and she acts like she likes me when we are on field trips with other classes. I am so ready to leave this job. Hopefully my interview tomorrow turns into a new job.

Sorry for the rant, but I had to vent some how.

2. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

eh, not all bosses are bad. I do not hold a grudge or show malice to anyone that betters themselves or wants to go to dayshift. as long as they give me a 2 week notice, all are more than welcome back if I have an opening and most of the time, I give them what they were making when they left.

3. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I was kinda concerned about how my boss would react when I told him I'd be quiting after memorial day weekend but he was fine with it. I work nights right now and this past semester it didnt work out so well academically for me so I am going to try to find a day job, or maybe just go back to being an unemployed bum again. He was really cool about it, which was a huge relief.

4. gofergurl

gofergurl 1/2 ton status

I think that after the end of this month I will no longer be working for this boss. My interview at Subway went well. I went in and chatted with one of the employees (she ended up doing my interview.) I also took a detailed schedule of when I could work in there because the ones on the applications just don't work for college students taking classes in the summer and the fall. I should be getting a call from the manager here in the next week or so to let me know if I got the job. The girl that did my interview said that I should have it but she can't declare anything for sure. I am excited!!!! :D:D:D

5. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Im not trying to be mean but you're excited about making sandwiches?

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

its a job that fits her time frame.:confused: :D

7. gofergurl

gofergurl 1/2 ton status

Making sandwiches is a lot better than flipping burgers and frying french fries (imo.) Plus it fits the times that I would want to work, because they don't open till about 10:30am and close at 9pm. Better than working at McDonalds or Wendys any day.

8. crawlink5

crawlink5 1/2 ton status

In the 25+ years I've been working, I've found you should do any job as if your excited about it and do it with pride. It makes you feel better when you pick up the check and the reputation follows you throughout life.

As far as the boss goes, I have a supervisor and a manager that are female, and the other people that are in the office (about 10) that are female. All of the women at my level say they despise working for a women and will not do so again. I say that also.

9. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

I'm a boss and I never hold it against anyone for trying to advance themselves,,I kinda get upset when they are making a latteral move or just doing it to force my hand for more money. They should be advanced for their skills,,not holding a gun to my head.

I have let many people find out for themselves that the grass is not allways greener on the other side,,and they have come crawling back with their hat in their hand...

I have also had people quit that we have spent alot of time and money on training and then they fold their tent and move on...If things don't work out for these guy's-I will not hire them back and I make that clear BEFORE they leave.

10. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

well congrats on the good interview. feels great doesn't it?

i just got myself a job at the local PD...no more tire shop!

11. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

My boss is great where I work. They are awesome working around my college schedual and are ready, willing, and able to give advice at any time about my job or anything else I need.

Sometimes it gets frustrating, as most jobs do, but all in all I like it here.

Best of luck with Subway. I hope everything turns out for the best.

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

So if Your Boss told You to go out into the parking lot and pick up cigarette buts and then go scrub the toilet You would be excited and proud? Myself I would tell em' to get bent. Sorry to say but My pride keeps Me from doing certain jobs.

13. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Ya know, if gofergurl starts the Subway job, RJ will no longer be the only sammich maker.

14. gofergurl

gofergurl 1/2 ton status

So the update is that I didn't get the Subway job, but I'm still trying to find another job. Good news (in a way) is that I was lucky that I decided to quit my current job when I did. Found out a couple weeks ago that my boss is pregnant. Thankfully I won't get to deal with all of her mood swings because they will be 10 times worse than they are now.

15. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Nothing can top a roomfull of angry wimmins.

16. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Go work for quizno's. My 17 year old sister has been working for them for two weeks and is already a shift manager :eek1: :haha:

17. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

last place i worked they sad to see me leave, i still go by there to visit them at the shop if im on that side of town...

18. JOEDEZZY

JOEDEZZY 1/2 ton status

I had to do that and so did everyone else that ever had my job, but I couldnt quit, they dont let you quit the Army, good thing none of us had pride huh

19. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Two words.....

"G.I. Party"