Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stupid Cops

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by B_to_C, Jul 2, 2006.

1. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

:haha: Just thought I would grab some attention...

I went to a party tonight, left about 1:30 am, as I was pulling into my parking spot at my apartment complex i get "pulled over"

Cop immidietly asks "How much have you had to drink tonight?" :mad:
    (This pisses me off because I have NEVER had ANYTHING (alcoholic) to drink but I have been asked this countless times)

so anyways...

"Nothing officer"

"Step out of the vehicle"..."Come over here and blow into my hand" ..."Get back in your truck"

[like 5 minutes later] "Get your blinkers fixed, have a good night"

On an interesting side note....THIS cop didn't give me his business card:dunno:

So anyways....the best part.

Cop pulls away, and behind the fence of my parking lot was at least ten people who saw the whole thing go down (my neighbors) and there was a loud round of applause, I took a bow, and came inside to tell you guys :haha:

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

He didn't give you a business card because he figured that you were not good for business. Da*m sober people.:D

Be happy that they are checking. The next guy may actually be drunk, as opposed to forgetful.

3. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

yep.. Im impressed,, another copper doing his job!!!

and no cite for you for equipment violations.... marvelous

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Why would a cop hand out a business card?

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

what was the applause for? :confused:

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Oh yeah well uh, a cop followed me around all night a few days ago and uh.......

I guess I just kinda said "Hi Gene........." each time.

He's pretty short........

8. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Whenever the cops start to follow me, I immediately floor it and swerve into oncoming traffic while throwing little baggies full of baking flower out the window that I carry around as (what are those things planes drop to deflect incoming missiles? chafes?) to distract the cops while I make my smoking tire getaway.

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Now why didn't I ever think of such a brilliant ideal:D

10. B_to_C

The no business card comment was referring to my last "cop pulled me over" thread where I asked "why did he give me his business card?"

And the applause was probably because I didn't get a ticket or arrested, and they probably thought I was drunk and tricked the cop or something -They had certainly had a few.

And....yea...obviously no ticket for equipment violation, I would of had to have been a major dick to him for him to do that...it's obvious he was just looking to see if I was drinking, which is OK by me...but damn it seems to happen to me alot. I guess that's just the way it goes when I drive a truck that looks like it could have only been put together by a drunk redneck :haha:

11. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am surprised he gave you a breathalizer test. Most officers of the law are adept enough to tell if a pesron has had absoluty no alcohol or not with just a short conversation consisting of a few questions...the first one allways being "How much alcohol have you had tonight"?

12. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Are you trying to imply that you were profiled? You should contact the ACLU immediately and file a lawsuit...

:haha:

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Would this be where I throw out the time that I arrested a guy for DUI, talked normal, had some problems standing steady, but yet walked on his own and blew a .33?????????????????????

Or other times when I've popped DUI's, they could barely stand, couldn't speak a word without slurring the entire alphabet and barely blew a .10?????????

:D :D :D

14. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yup us experienced drinkers can pull it off:D I took a brethalyzer once for fun at a campground because I thought I had drank the most. The cop said I appeared sober. I blew a .27 whewhoo:wink1: He laughed and said WOW I hope you arent driving. Nope officer just drinking and fishing.

15. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

I'vw always wondered why the "limit" isn't enforced differently.

I'm not saying I have a better answer, and god knows there needs to be a line in the sand. But .08 is different things to different people. I've blown .12 once. An off duty officer at a party I was attending had a beathalizer along, and allowed a few people to blow to settle a bet. I not only felt compleatly compitant and sober, but the officer commented that had he pulled me over in current condition, he would have believed me when I said I'd had nothing to drink.

At the same time, a friend of mine blew .11 and I don't think I would have let him drive a lawn tractor.

16. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Although states establish a specific limit, and additional criteria used to prosecute is whether or not you are "under the influence" which is generally described as being impaired enough by alcohol or drugs to impact your ability to operate the vehicle. As a result, there have been people prosecuted for having a blood alcohol level below the legal limit, but shown to be impaired to the point of being a danger to themselves and others.

17. B_to_C

To clarify, in my situation he just asked me to literally blow into his hand (next to his face) just to see if he could detect the smell of alcohol. -This is probably to limit the amount of spit that would end up on his face if he asked people to blow directly into his face.