Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stupid Emissions test

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1987Chevy, Feb 10, 2006.

1. 1987Chevy

1987Chevy Registered Member

I just want to vent because emissions tests are a PITA:mad: . I just put cats on the other day and they will be on for about a month then once I pass the test they will be off for another 2 years:haha: . The only reason why I take them off is cause I love the way my rig sounds with out them when they are on its still kinda loud but looses all of its growl. I can't wait till its 25 years old cause then it will be exempt. Emissions tests are a joke here any way cause every one I know just cuts there gas with a little alkyhal:D and if they run a carb leans it out then throws cats on, then when they pass just put every thing back to how they had it.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I run my cat . I don't care about the noise . I wheel my truck and need to hear everything . Having emissions isn't hard at all . Taking stuff on and off for no other reason than sound is just plain too much work .

3. 1987Chevy

I understand what you mean but I can get them on or off in about 1-2 hours so 2-4 hours total time every 2 years isn't that bad to me.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

They also lower emissions from your engine too . Which is a good thing . And if any of the newer Camaros , T/A's , Pony's , Goats , and Mopar stuff can run cats and sound good , I think a 87 truck can too :thumb:

BTW , a belated Welcome to Ck5 , it grows on ya , and changes your outlook on everything :waytogo:

5. 1987Chevy

why thank you for the welcome:D . Its dual exhaust going to a set of only 12" long tip to tip cat co. hi flow cats into a set flow master super 40 series, I thought it was gunna still sound good when I put it on but for some reason the exhaust lost all its bark and now just has kinda a loud air-ish( is that even a word:haha: ) sound with the cats.