Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stupid idiotic drivers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Wingnutt, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Wingnutt

Wingnutt 1/2 ton status

That’s about all I can say on a board that mixed company reads. Yesterday I had to go into the city to the west of me for a follow-up doctor’s appointment. I thought that the snow might start early, so I took my Blazer. Anyway my hunch was right on. As I was leaving the doc’s office it started to snow...hard. Since it’s been below freezing for two day’s now it only took about 20 minutes for the roads to become covered. OK no problem, I locked the hubs in at the next light and shifted into 4hi and off I went. Well about that time every business in the city decided to let their drones off early because of the snow. In the space of ten minutes the road that I was traveling down at a nice save (sane) speed of 35mph in 4wd turned into total gridlock. All the idiots were spinning at the intersections turning the snow into a sheet of ice. I just sat there in astonishment at their stupidity; when their tires started spinning, did let off the gas until the tires regained traction? Heck no, they just gave their vehicles more gas...amazing stupidity. As I worked my was out of town (normally a 20 minute drive, turned into a 1 ½ hour exercise in frustration. Those idiots drove on this ice and snow like it was clear and dry or they crept along at 5 mph in both lanes completely backing up traffic.

At the last light before I could relax a bit, I had to make a left turn. I looked ahead and noticed that the right hand lane was just sitting there, so I got into the left lane as I made my turn. As soon as I got straightened out and accelerated to about 25mph, this )%^&$^(&%)* soccer mom trying to make a turn across all four lanes (this road is a divided highway) pulls out in front of a semi and jams on her brakes with the front end of her brand new 2003 Tahoe (complete with the sticker still in the window and 30 day tags on it) blocking ¾ of my lane. The instant that I touched the brakes my Blazer slid sideways. I got off the brakes and steered into the slide. I gave it a quick jab on the throttle to get it straightened out then tried to steer for the median. As I passed her hood I was thinking that I had just barely missed her when BANG, my rear fender just clipped her front corner. Another three inches and I would have missed her. Fortunately nobody was hurt, and the damage was minimal, but the cops were so busy that they told us that they didn’t have time to fill out an accident report for a minor fender-bender. We were finally told this after waiting for over two hours for the cops to show up. Now because of some idiot’s stupidity, I have to go through the hassle of getting my vehicle fixed. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Sorry for the rant, but I had to vent a bit.

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear that. When it rains down here it down right pours, luckily we don't have snow but likewise when it rains liek it does 80% of the year its like people forget how to drive. Thank God it rarely to never snows or ices down here.