Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stupid idiots

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hi pinion, Jun 18, 2005.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

:angry1: Ok , i need some opinions.........

I entered into a conrtact with the local Valley Yellow Pages, for my plumbing company to be under the "plumbing Contractors" section.

Whell,,,i got the book today,,,, AND GUESS WHAT???? They entered in the WRONG phone number!!!!!! So when people call it dosent even go to my company!!!!!!!!! :angry1:

Its friday, i havent talked to them about it yet, but , i have a funny feeling they will try to charge me for the listing ,even though its the WRONG NUMBER,,,

What should i do if they try to charge me ??? :confused:

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Stop Payment!!!

Did they get your shops address right? That could be the only stickler.

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Whell my shop consists of me and my garadge, a fully stocked e250 cargo van, and my family. I just run it from my home man. I wonder if i could buy the wrong number somehow from the guy it goes to? The one it says in the book(wrong one) I dont know?? :confused:

They kind of jacked me all up. :crazy:

4. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

have you tried the number they printed to see who has it?

5. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Yeah man, its some janitorial service,,, he was super cool though, he said he would "pass it on" to me if anyone calls. :dunno:

Witch is BS, because sometimes i go out at like 2 am for some busted plumbing, its killer money,,NO WAY he will answer that late. :crazy: So i am at the guys mercy,,unless i can buy him out on the phone number. :crazy:

6. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

damn, that sucks. wonder how long he's had the number? I seriously doubt he'll split with it if it's been his for awhile and has a good customer base.

7. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Yeah, i know, that stupid ass Valley Yellow Pages man!!!!!!!!!!! They say "let your fingers do the walking".......

But im gonna let my "foot do the the walking" ,,if ya know what i mean. They better not try to charge me, GRRRRrr :crazy:

8. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

looks like they could send out a correction. :dunno: :dunno:

9. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Man that REALLY sucks :( . Did you look at the proof that they sent you to make sure it was right on it?
    You had to sign off on it you know.
    If they screwed up, the add is compltely useless to you.
    Did you check the white page number too?
    That blows and I just don't know what to tell you except, what about another book?

10. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

So what's this janitorial service suppose to do with the correct listing of their phone # in the phone book if they give you their #? They'd be in the same boat that you're in now.:screwy:

11. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Yeah, i was a smart little plumber and listened to Grandma, "Never put all your eggs in one basket" ,,,,and from that im fine, but, its the whole deal, i dont remember getting a proof. :confused:

And the lady who kept calling me and working with me on the add kept calling me to solicite herself ,,sure did get the right number!!!!!!! They sure did get it right when they wanted my money!!!

Ya know??

After that its like they dont care then. Im going to sit her down and give her a ROYAL paddling with my paddle after this little screw up.

So basically they had the right number when they called me all along, but when they put it in print, it came out WRONG!!!! :crazy:

12. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I just dropped my two 1/2 page adds down to a small in colum add for this year. I just can't keep up with the biz myself.
    We wouldn't even accept new customers last year from Nov. - March.
    No point in having calls you can't do.
    I hope it works out somehow.

13. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Yeah, they "owe" me now man. Good thing it was only a one liner, and not something too big. :)

14. google

google 1/2 ton status

I'd sue them personaly. That's a lot of lost business etc...

15. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

similar dilema here a few years ago..

We had similar problems when our local phone company decided to change the area codes in MA 3 times ina few years,when they discovered they were running out of phone #'s after the personal computers needing dial up access and faxes and other things "hogged" all the numbers!...now,everyone who had an ad in the paper,yellow pages,etc,could not call us,because they did not know the codes were changed--

A lot of people were pissed off because all their bussiness cards and letterheads on the sales slips now had the "wrong" numbers!--they basically told everyone who bitched tough sH**,and the only thing they did in some cases was to put a recording on that would tell customers the "new" area code...not many people were happy about that,and the fact they did it more than once in only a few years time--many had to get their business cards and other stationary reprinted TWICE!! :crazy:

If you complain enough,maybe you can have them put a recording on your "wrong" number,saying if you meant to call xxx plumbing,the number has been changed to....?..good luck--dealing with the phone company is as much fun as anal surgury,or the registry of motor vehicles.. :crazy:

16. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Well thats what You get for not having them fax You a proof sheet before it went to print. Dumbass :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

17. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Most yellow pages will give you a larger free ad to fix the mess up or place you in more than one part of the book.

Call them and tell them they messed up and you need to speak to someone who will rectify the situation. As this book is already out there's nothing they can do right now, but they can fix it for next time. For free and a better deal for you.

18. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

did they send you copy of the ad before it got published for your review? Many moons ago I ran an add and that was the process. Either way they're idiots and should comp you nicely...but something tells me they cover themselves from this stuff in the contract.

19. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

You rang????

20. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Do you know this for a fact??? :crazy: