Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stupid images of the internet age - Dumb rant, kinda pointless

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Dec 1, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Im' so sick of meaningless images like this:

[​IMG]

That's on a bank's homepage. Should I be laughing like a hyena when I look at the bank's website, is that the point?

There are CD's for sale of these kinds of images. You can basically take any image and stick it anywhere, and it will appear related to your site. how annoying.

2. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Re: Stupid images of the internet age.

You having a bad day?
    /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

You mean spelling-wise? My train was pulling into the station, so I hit post without proofreading, then just shutdown. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Otherwise, not really a bad day. I just see these stupid pictures everywhere and it annoys me because I seek the correlation to the context and find none. What does some doofus making a face, sitting under a bridge, in front of a laptop (I assume), have to do with banking? Absolutely nothing. The same image could be placed on a ebay's homepage and you'd be expected to think it had something to do with the site.

My buddy's a bigshot web designer, and he offered me some of the images a couple years ago when I was going to get into internet commerce.

THe same thing with drug commercials. They could take stock footage of a guy and a girl running down the beach and use it to sell heartburn relief medication.
    They're so dumb, abstract, and single-string-relative it's annoying. People smiling sitting on thier lawn with a laptop to enhance an ISP's sales page, an old man and an old woman smiling at each other to sell mortgages.

Here's one from my old web host on thier shared hosting plan page:
    [​IMG]

Wtf does leaning back and looking all preppy have to do with hosting my web site????

Here's the one for thier "Do it yourself" content development:
    [​IMG]

Wouldn't an image of a person NOT getting help be better for a do it yourself page? But it's irrelevant, the image is just there to make you think euphoric happy thoughts by signing up.

Here's one for schitzophrenia medication:
    [​IMG]

I guess you'll stop looking schitzo if you take this medication???

I guess it annoys me because they're not real people and not realistic depictions of anything, and I have an underlying dissatisfaction with modern society's veil over reality, and how's it's further developed by stupid stuff like this.

At least beer companies still show people holding the brand of beer in thier ads.

4. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ????

Here's one for schitzophrenia medication:
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]
    looks like some bad touching is about to take place /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

5. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[​IMG]

"I bet I can get at least three dime bags of crack for this $3000 laptop."

[​IMG]

"Damn I wish I hadn't eaten that burrito for lunch."

[​IMG]

"I wonder if she knows I'm gay?"

[​IMG]

"Rose's are red,Violets are blue,Im skitzafrenic and so am I."

6. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I'm going to start thinking stuff like that when I see these dumb things now... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

The answer is...... (maybe)........

People have absolutely no capacity for standard thought these days, it's all free association and implication. Plain talk doesn't work, lying doesn't work, honesty doesn't work. All any limp dicked, balding, heatburned, nervous, scared, shy, sleep, sleepless bastards want are fifteen second sound bites of salvation.

Meet Bob, he is such a suburban mechanical waste of though that the only thing in his life that makes him happy is a rock hard erection. Note how everyone else around Bob must be so horribly sad at the sight of Bob's rock hard erection. Look, his marriage is saved byt his rock hard erection. I bet he may even be immune to all diseases, with a rock hard erection like that, how could he get sick?

Be like Bob, revolve your pathetic meaningless life around your genitals

Anyway

(black screen with a cool skull)

"Welcome To The Bank Of RJ"
    (we took all your money)