Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stupid Insurance Co.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by skyyk5, Jan 27, 2007.

1. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

My insurance co. sent me a letter saying they need pics of my v30,or they will drop it from my policy. They believe it's a commercial truck, and should be on a commercial account. Can't a man have a 1 ton 4x4 DRW flatbed for personal use? And their other gripe is that it has a plow. Well i got a 600' driveway. It's a parts hauling, boat towing, Quad toating, driveway plowing, truck. Whats the deal? I never had a claim, so didn't they made enough $ from me. It will go From $125.00 a year to $450. I gotta go freeze my a$$ off now and get some pics.:mad:

2. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Why is it going up? Be straight with them. Tell them you only use it to tow your own toys around. Give them a miles-per-year figure. Then call Geico.:laugh:

3. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

What insurance company are you with?

4. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

i have geico, costs me an extra 30 a month for my 79...

5. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

I have Erie now, and can't switch. I got nabbed last month for speeding. 2 points! The cop said the Insurance CO. Will not find out unless I switch companys or add/change something in my policy. I have to be a good boy for 12 months and not change the policy for the same amount of time. My father said if they drop the truck he will just put it under his buissness policy. He wants to use the truck for work, he figures that he can break it. And i'll have to fix it, since it's mine.

6. Craig Artzner

I know what you mean, I had three tickets in a 6-month period once, but my insurance company didn't find out until I had an accident. The accident wasn't even my fault but that's all it takes.

7. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

All the money I paid over the years, and get nottin' out of it. It's like SS tax, by the time I retire the Gov. will have all my $ long gone. Or Unemployment, I was only jobless for 4 months, but didn't get a dime. Why do I have to give up all my $$ for nothing! I would have a really sweet K5 with all the $$ I had to give out! I know we can't to a thing about it either.

8. Craig Artzner

You do have a sweet K5! I see I lot of guys on here I'm sure who would kill to have factory TBI setup on a full-top Blazer like yours. I'd love to have TBI on mine but I don't want to spend the money...you did all that work yourself and have a nice truck to show for it.

9. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

The little stuff always bothers me.:crazy:
    -the 241 thats dry
    -cheap aftermarket,doors, fenders, hood, tailgate
    -powerwindows & locks (should have never kept)
    -the 77 doorpanels, I want 75's
    - etc., etc.

Thats why I don't know what to do right now. I'm not happy with the body.:mad:
    should I put my 14ff, d44, 205, in this k5? Or start from scratch?:confused: