Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stupid kids whose parents buy em anything!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ben B., Mar 20, 2007.

1. Ben B.

Ben B. 1/2 ton status

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A kid in my grade recently bought a K10 ['82] that I had checked out before he bought. The thing was sorta rough, looked decent from 20 feet but once you get cloe it has rust all over it covered by stupid diamond plate tape. Lifted 4" w/ some 33s on it.

Anyway, a little while ago the kid buys it. I asked him how much it was and I was shocked....$8000! I told him he was an idiot, but life goes on.

Anyway today in lunch [knowing I own K5s and a K10] he tells me he's having a problem with his truck being stuck in 4wd. I tell him simply to unlock the hubs. He said he did that but the dshaft was still spinning. [surprised he knew what hubs were]

I thought about it. Knowing myself that it was an '82, and an auto [th350], that the only tcase used behind th350s used in that year was the np203.

I told him it was a 203 and that it was full time.

He proceeded to make gestures to my friends at the lunch table, saying I didn't know **** about trucks, and that "it wouldn't have a tcase shifter if it was full time".

I hate snotty bitches like this who think they know their **** when their mommy pays nearly $10k for a bucket that the kid knows nothing about.

I've bought my K10 w/ my own money, and I'm in the process of lifting it, with a lift I bought myself of course. It feels great knowing that this is MY truck. Not someone else's junk.

I proudly display my "Built not Bought" sticker on my back window.

http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=456941&d=1172379549

there's my beaut just for reference. 350/SM465/np205/d44/12B. Soon to be lifted 4" and rollin 35's.

Love it. Building it. Use it. My truck. :D

2. 53chevy

53chevy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

How, i hate those kids , I got mine cheap rough shape, I put time sweat and alot of MY money into it. I got it when i was 16 three years ago and hopefully the last phase will be done in a few months.

3. johnnychimpo

johnnychimpo 1/2 ton status

If its stock it should have a 700r4/NP208.NP203 wasn't used after '79.

4. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

parents buying a sensible $2K car for a responsible kid, ok. parents dropping $8K on a truck worth $1500 for a spoiled kid, stupid.

i've caught some static about not buying my first car. i had the money ready to buy my dad's old honda, but my grandfather willed his idential honda (except for a pinstripe worth 15hp :D ) to me. even though i didn't buy it, and it wasn't a vette, i appreciated it and took care of it until the day some idiot ran a red light and smashed into me. all my other vehicles are on my dime

don't let the morons get to you. that guy thinks he has it good, now, but he'll have to grow up someday or depend on his parents for the rest of his life. let him have his fun, while he can.

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Lounge material.

6. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yep in 1980 the TH350 trucks had NP205........Another theroy is the truck had a 700r-4 before and they replaced it with a TH350 useing a kit that spaces out the tailshaft that sells for about 60 bucks

7. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

that is pretty bad, but that kid has nothing on the kids I graduated with, plenty of brand new f250s, a few vettes, bmw x5s, jags, infinity x35, restored classic muscle cars(bought as well), and a whole slew of others I wont care to list out. Most common though was either a new f250, or a new z71. If it was a truck, it showed up a week later with lift, tires, and rims. I also agree that it sucks, but hey it taught me to appreciate what I work for.

Remington

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

What johnnychimpo said....

9. jd70ssclone

jd70ssclone 1/2 ton status

yea i hate them also i am 17 years old and i bought my truck back around thanksgiving a 86 k5 with a 305 and a 700r4 and a np 208 and i know how ben b feels. i know a good who has a 06 jeep wrangler with 33s on and a set of nice mickey thompson wheels with a 4" lift and this kid is an ass and he doesnt even go wheelin with it. also when it comes to oil changes he lets the proffesionals down at the local jeep dealer take care of that. i have a part time job and it got me a k5 im paying my own insurance and modifying my truck at the same time and i am mechancialy inclined so lets forget about the yuppys and just go wheelin

10. m1ndless

m1ndless Banned

My friends parents just bought him an f150 with an 8 inch lift and 20 inch rims with bgf MT's on them, I laughed my ass off when I saw it, espically when I saw that he put lcd tv's in it!!

He actually took it out off roading with us, it handles suprinsingly smooth over bumbs and stuff, but not worth the 10-15k that they paid for it!

I worked my ass to get both my cars, I put in 55 hours a week for a few months, while going to school full time, so I could afford to get my honda 2 years ago, I just saved up enough to get my k5 about a month ago, it was only 1k but I have already put close to 1k into it.

11. Bluekrow

Bluekrow Registered Member

A few years back I bought an 82 Jimmy with a plow on it for $500 but it had a 305 engine 350 tranny and a 208 tcase! The 203 wasn't the only Tcase they used at that time.

12. thatK30guy

Thats because if anyone ever finds a 203 in any truck thats an '81 or newer, theres almost 100% chance the 203 was swapped into it.

13. 1-tonmudder

1-tonmudder 1/2 ton status

Well young-un's I hate to be the bearer of bad new's,but get use to it.Life is full of undeserving peolpe,spending someone else's money.Im sure everybody on here know's somebody like that,just take some comfort in knowing the majority of em will turn out to be drunk's,doper's,or incarserated at some point.

14. 1-tonmudder

1-tonmudder 1/2 ton status

If it's a 82 model the 700 probably took a dump,and somebody replaced it with the 350/203.

15. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME Registered Member

That's the way life goes, those of us that work our butts off for what we have get out done by those too lazy to get out of bed.

16. Ben B.

Ben B. 1/2 ton status

I didn't know they used the 700/208 combo that early.

I checked his truck out when it was for sale though and it's a th350/203 combo.

I'm not jealous or angry about it, I just find it extremely annoying when the punk never shuts up about how awesome his truck is and bla bla, and can't tell me what axles are under it and won't take it on a dirt road.

17. johnnychimpo

We need a picture of this truck. I for one need to see an $8000.00 '82 K10.

18. thatK30guy

Funny, for another $1000, the kid could have gotten that bad ass SWB K10 with 1 tons under it in the For Sale forum.

19. thatK30guy

20. johnnychimpo

I'm sure the kid's is worth every penny!