Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stupid newbie question-Do I have lift?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LAZYMON, Sep 5, 2000.

1. LAZYMON

LAZYMON 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I should be able to figure this out by myself but I felt like asking. I have 33x12.5 tires on and I have no clearance problems. I've looked and there are no blocks underneath. What else am I looking for? Duh!

73 Topless Blazer

2. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

No blocks on the rear axle under the springs, or between the frame and the body?

Some stock blazers say they run fine with 33"'s. Some 33" are smaler than other 33"'s too.

Is your radiator shroud's lower part removed. can you see the top of your gas-tank between the bed and the frame. Those are bodylift tell-tales..
    You could have a 2,5 all springs lift too. but it could just be you have one of those stock ones that take 33"'s with no problem.
    Dont know if this helped.

http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com

3. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

4. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

A Blazer is big to start with. But it's hard to tell from pictures. Sneak up to one in a parking lot and compare hood-heights. That should show a diffrence you can conclude on..

Anyway, after a while big isn't enough anymore. You want more, 3" lift, then maybe a litle 4" more, bigger tires maybe until..(tweek) (tweek) I want to... BE THE MIGHTIEST, BIGGEST BLAZER IN THE WORLD!!

Sorry for the outburst, but thats how it is. When your not thinking about your k5 your sitting in your underwear all day reading posts on CK5...

http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I could fit 33's when I didn't have a ift when I bought mine.

You may want to look at your front springs, how many leaves do they have and which way do they arc?

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

6. Big B

Big B 1/2 ton status

when i first got my k5 i ran 33 bfgmud ter. and had no promblems with rubbing so it is posable to have no lift and run 33s later Bruce , PS> i thought i was the only one setting around in my underwear reading and posting on ck5 lol.

bigb4x4.coloradok5.com

7. Big B

Big B 1/2 ton status

in my post before this one i posted apic of my friend joe driving on up a tree and before every body starts complaning about us tearing up the tree it was out at my parents farm so i own the tree so i can drive on it if i want . so i dont want anyone complaining about tearing up the forest and stuff ok lol ha-ha-ha-.

bigb4x4.coloradok5.com

8. LAZYMON

LAZYMON 1/2 ton status Premium Member

No body lift and my bushings are looking kind of worn. The front has 2 leafs and it kind of bows upward, they don't look original. The rear has 7 leafs. Your right I just got it and I want it bigger already. $$$$$$.

73 Topless Blazer

9. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Wow, bows upward? All of the front springs I have seen bow down, like and upside down U.... But the two leaf thing sound factory...... Hmmmmmmm......

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

10. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

All factory fronts bow down. Lift springs bow up obviously. He prolly has 2" lift.