Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stupid non working prescription stuff

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I went to the doctor on Wednesday after my boss told me I needed a doctors note to go back to work... she checked me out and said I probably have influenza, but since I waited 4 days to go in she wasn't going to bother with the $100 test to find out because the treatment doesn't work if it's not started within 24 hours of the symptoms starting... Didn't even consider the flu although everyone in the world and all the news channels led me to believe that's what it was... Anyway... I was prescribed these HUGE white pills that I have to take twice a day until next Wednesday, and a bottle of some cough medicine that's supposed to knock me out...

I spent $70 at the doc (no insurance) and $20 on the drugs... I don't know if the white pills are working, there aren't really any ways of knowing... but that expensive cough syrup doesn't do a darn thing for me... I took some at 11 last night, and sat in here until 2 am surfing the net waiting to get tired... then I layed in my bed until 4:30 trying to sleep... coughing the whole time... The Nyquil I was taking didn't knock me out either, but at least it made me stop coughing... Weird thing is I took some dayquil at about noon, no coughing but damn I'm tired... gonna go lie down, laterz... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Jack Daniels for the cough. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had about 20 years of extensive experience dealing with doctors of all kinds on several different medical issues. 20 years and hundreds of thousands of dollars later, I am no better than the day I saw the first doctor. In fact, I'm probably worse as a direct result of much experimentation on me.

Go see Jack, or Jose'... No appointment necessary. Take two and sleep through the morning.

Paul 'X' [​IMG]

4. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Or a glass of warm 151 Rum /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif