Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stupid Oil Cooler....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fjleiter, May 18, 2004.

1. fjleiter

fjleiter 1/2 ton status

Feb 13, 2004
    Well.... What I thought was a leaking oil cooler line turned out to be two leaks, a leaking power steering line and a cracked oil cooler.

Thought I would just yank the oil cooler out and run it without until I put the new motor in. Big mistake... Now I need an adapter to put the oil filter back on.

Is it possible to block the lines on the current adapter and use it without the cooler? Really don't want to pay like $30-40 for an adapter that will only be used for a couple months. Is it possible to put plugs in the factory adapter (remove the lines and plug the holes) or will this cause problems, any other way to re-use this but bypass the cooler?

Lastly, anyone know where to get replacement lines for a power steering pump? I see the standard pump to steering box and return lines but my truck has what looks like a cooler set up. Line runs from the pump to underneath the radiator in big looping aluminum line coils then back up to the steering box then back.