Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stupid people and their gold

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Apr 22, 2007.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Or at least what they think is gold. Stopped to look at a K5 today. Looked great when I was flying by at 50. Still looked decent up close. Had a tractor paint job(cheap enamel you get for farm tractors), Kubota orange I would say. I kind of liked the way it looked. Would have made a sweet street/trail rig. Minimal rust, except near the tailgate(as always in PA). The exhaust was over half gone. Tailpipe was still sticking out behind the tire, but completely rotted off of the muffler. Don't think there were any exhaust hangers left, just the muffler hanging off of the manifolds. Didn't look much more than that. Had some almost brand new 33" all terrains and black rockcrawlers on it. Inspection expired 1/00(PA is yearly inspection and emissions, so 7 years out :doah:).

So I grab the number and call the guy up. What does he want? $3500!!!! I was figuring at worst he'd be asking 2k for it, hoping he'd say 1k. Guess the S10 is getting finished afterall. He didn't even say it "runs great". Instead it was "it kind of lacks power, think its the stale gas and needs a tuneup". Some people just think their own bowel movements are made of gold. Damn thing was like an 84 with 71,000 on it. Decent mileage, but come on?

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

Yeah but i like guys like that sometimes.

I wrecked my k5 in a not my fault crash, guy says he would give me 3200 for it because he can find them for 2500 in the auto trader, so i show him the auto trader with a half decent truck and the guy wants 7500!!!

good to find a middle ground :D

tell the guy you got a grand for him when he wants it.

then when he calls in a year look it over again and offer him 500 :D :haha:

3. BoondocK5

BoondocK5 1 ton status Author

Sleddy, there is a shortbox k1500 here in SLC. the sign says 500 bones I dont know about running condition, but it looks good, even up close. But, its been sitting there all winter for sale.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

eh, I need to finish the S10. Just if I could find a convenient not terrible $500 K5, I would get it.

5. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

I always hear you talking about your s10, do you got any pictures of it or a thread somewhere that I missed? Its sounds pretty cool.