Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stupid Question - back window

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by caleb22, Sep 2, 2005.

1. caleb22

caleb22 1/2 ton status

I have a 89 Blazer. The back window rolls down using a key or the switch on the dash. I'm trying to tint the window but it came out terrible because there is some type of dotted coating on the window. I'm not sure if it's factory tint or if the window was designed that way. I tried scraping it with a razor but it's not coming off.

Hope all this makes sense. I just want to tint the back window with 5% tint to really block out the sunlight.

2. blaznjon

blaznjon 1/2 ton status

That`s factory privecy glass.It actualy blocks a lot of light out.The little holes make it easyer to see out of when you back up.If you really want to tint the back ,trade somebody for the a clear back window and tint that.Try tinting the side windows in the top and see if that`s dark enough.JB

3. Steve_87K5

Steve_87K5 1/2 ton status

Will the tinting scratch off? The back window glass on all 3 of my K5s became scratched up over time. I think it was mainly from grit lodged on the
    exterior rubber lip. But what about the inside surface where the tint stuff will probably go?