Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stupid question...fuel filter

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ///pas, Jun 10, 2003.

1. ///pas

///pas Registered Member

tried searching but didn't find the answer quickly...I can't get the damn fule filter off my '90 K5. Are threads reversed or something? Any tips as to how to get the thing off?

Thanks for any help. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

The threads are not reversed. Use the correct sized tools first off so you dont round the nuts. Soak the crap outta the threads with penetrating lube. Try and break it loose, if you cant, soak em some more with the lube. Try not to round the nuts!

3. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

had the same issue with the front filter fitting, ended up cutting the line, making a new homebuilt line out of fuel injection hose and steel line, all hope is not lost. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. ///pas

///pas Registered Member

thanks for the replies guys...I used Tri Flow silicon based spray lube to no avail(sp?), will try WD40, any other suggestions?

5. gumneck

gumneck Registered Member

That bites. First go get a large heating tip and put it on your torch. Heat that fuel filter up cherry red.... Just jokin.

I've got PB Blaster that is supposed to be better than WD-40. It does seem to be a little better. I haven't changed mine on my 91 blzr but in the position its in, passenger side frame rail, I think I could get a piece of pipe over the wrench if I had to. Little more leverage may help. On my s-10 I know I couldn't get anything but the smallest wrenches on it as its behind power steering pump. Good luck.
    Tom

6. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Use PB-Blaster