Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stupid question, mech fan removal

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sapper, Mar 18, 2006.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Started to put in electric fans today but noob butt cant figure out how to get the mech fan off, any help would be great, TIA

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

just need a 1/2 " wrench. then reintall nuts to hold pully on or remove the studs and use 4 new fine thread bolts to do the same.

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Yeah what He said.

4. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

when i tried to take mine off of my pump a year ago when i as dissasembling my engine (6.2L) my buddy and i could not for the life of us get the fan off of the studs. took off the nuts and started pulling, nothing. got a prybar in there, nothing. sprayed wd40 on there, it didn't help. then, a couple weeks ago i handed the fan/water pump assembly to my friend to go paint the water pump. he brought it back in to me and was holding it by the fan. as he went to set it down, the pump just fell off of the fan (it was only about 1" from the ground when it fell). we laughed our @sses off.

5. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I figured this one out, the trick is to take the tension off the serpentine belt, yes I am a dumbbutt

6. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

lol the smallest things can just kick our @ss cant it? Been there done that.....