Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stupid question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dbltapp, Aug 17, 2001.

1. dbltapp

dbltapp 1/2 ton status

what all would i need to add or change when i go up to 6" lift? i have 2 1/2" now, i think i know but i just want to double check with you folks!

89 SUBURBAN, 1/2 TON, 350 TBI,21/2 LIFT W/33'S

2. J.R.

J.R. Guest

if you are buyiong a complete lift kit, it will come with all the parts you will need. springs,bolts,pitman arm,brake lines, brackets, etc.. a lot of the time its better to spend the money for a good kit and get everything then try to piece it together yourself.

BIG BLOCK MAN
    "MORE POWER"!!

3. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

That isn't necessarily the case...dbltap, make *sure* that your kit comes with all the stuff J.R. mentioned, and also shocks. The shocks you have now would fit while the suspension is a rest, but once you flex, you may break one. Also, they probably arent valved to work with the taller lift springs.

Lift It, Lock It, LIVE IT!!!

4. dbltapp

dbltapp 1/2 ton status

right, but what about brake lines, e-brake cable, breather lines, drive shaft and do i need to shimthe rear axle?

89 SUBURBAN, 1/2 TON, 350 TBI,21/2 LIFT W/33'S

5. LittleJimmy

LittleJimmy 1/2 ton status

With that lift you will have do everything those guy's said. Plus you will definetly need new drive shafts. Custom style with cv I would say. But that is me......

6. flcpl4fn

flcpl4fn 1/2 ton status

before you go and get a new driveshaft, try the old one and see how it fits. i put on an 8" likt one my jimmy and the old shaft worked great. i haven't had any problems with it since i lifted it over a year ago. don

'85 Jimmy in Jax, Fl