Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stupid Question :)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by The85k5, Oct 18, 2001.

1. The85k5

The85k5 1/2 ton status

alright heres a question for all u guys with the 14 bolts....or with knowledge of em....well on my 85 k5 i still got the stock 10 bolt 3:08's.....thinking about picking up a 14 bolt 8 lug....now what would i need to do to get this all up and running.....do they make 8 lug 15" rims? and can i just slap in a set of 3:73's in the front and keep the front 6 bolt and the rear 8?......just a few questions guys....and gals
    thanX
    Robb

boy do 3:08's and 35's really SUCK

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

If you go front 6 lug and rear 8 lug you'd have to carry 2 spare tires.... huge pain!! Are you wanting to stay with 15" rims in the rear to keep your tires? If so then consider a 14b semi floater. It's not as beefy as a full floater but a step up for a 10b. They come in 6 lug so not only could you keep your tires, but you could the rims and have only one spare. But if you plan on running it harder I'd go for the 14b ff call it a day and get a front 8 lug to match it. Save up and do it at once then having to buy front matching gear for that 10b when you'll get so sick of the mismatched lugs you'll toss the front and get something to match. Then that money is wasted.... anyhow just my 2 cents... [​IMG]

&lt;&gt;&lt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>&gt;&lt;&gt;
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    I keep trying to lose weight, but it always finds me!

3. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

I'l trow my own stupid question in here as well. Can a 8 lug 14 semifloater rear, and 8 lug 10 bolt front from the same truck be converted to 6 lug? The donor is a 1991model, V20 2500 suburban, and mine is a 88 K5.

<font color=red><a target="_blank" href=http://www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com>www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com</a></font color=red>

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Yeah, but if you are gonna go to all that trouble of converting a 14b sf over it might as well find a 14b ff and convert it over and get the beefer axle (Dorian did it and could explain it far better then I ever could).... but that is just me... As for the front you can do it if you get the rotors, backing plates, spidles and hubs (am I forgetting something feels like I am?) off a 8 lug 10b. There's someone who wants to convert his 6 lug 10 bolt who emailed me about getting 8 lug parts.. you two might possibly wanna chat about swapping the parts so you get what you want and he gets what he wants....? Could work out... his email is theman59@msn.com and his name is Andy... [​IMG]

&lt;&gt;&lt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>&gt;&lt;&gt;
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    I keep trying to lose weight, but it always finds me!