Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stupid ricer

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Stupid ricer kid tried too tell me his 4 banger honda has more power then a built V8. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif I asked him if the 4 cyl are so powerfull, then why aren't they in 6,000 lbs full size 4 wheel drive truck. He replied "Why would anyone want a big heavy truck ??" Boy that was funny. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

2. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Some people can talk themselves into believing anything.

3. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

all i got to say is read my sig

4. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

You should have parked a "heavy" truck on his punk arse /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

You should have raced his ass. Kids at school give me crap all the time, but never will race me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Just explain to him that a V8 is made up of two 4 cyl.. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

7. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

I hate to piss in your wheaties there Paul, but you really should check out the Nopi Nationals. Some really fast and powerful little ricers. 800+WHP! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Don't knock some elses sport til you try it. Some of those racers(ricers /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif) have a butt load of cash into those rigs. Yes High schoolers are pretty much a bunch of morons trying to fit in somewhere and doing it really in bad taste! But as far power to wieght ratio some of those ricers would smoke the avg BB.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I hate to piss in your wheaties there Paul, but you really should check out the Nopi Nationals. Some really fast and powerful little ricers. 800+WHP! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Don't knock some elses sport til you try it. Some of those racers(ricers /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif) have a butt load of cash into those rigs. Yes High schoolers are pretty much a bunch of morons trying to fit in somewhere and doing it really in bad taste! But as far power to wieght ratio some of those ricers would smoke the avg BB.

[/ QUOTE ] It wasn't taking about being fast, it was talking about torque. I was in a parts store talking to the counter guy about a old Chevelle he had. He said the torque of the 396 was so massive that you couldn't sit forward. Ricer boy jumped into the conversation claiming his Honda had more power then any built V8. I'll give credit where credit is due, but not to a 4 door Honda Civic with a huge wing and a fart muffler. But on the badass imports thing, what would happen if we took the engine out of the ricemobile, fabed up a adaptor plate and droped it in a K5 ??? For some odd reason, I just don't think it would be as fun as the big block V8. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

9. f__dguy

f__dguy Registered Member

Those ricer kids watch way too many movies. I can not drive through Ft Wayne in the Mach 1 without at least one moron wanting to race. True, you can make a ricer fast, but it takes so much more money than a V8. Its like wiping your a$$ before you poop.

10. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like the ECHOTech! I know its a chevrolet, but fast as hell!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif I still prefer a big Diesel smokin em down the track! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

No, not always the case. Just look at the DSM Talon/Eclipse/Laser cars. It takes very little money to get these cars to outrun just about everything on the street, and they will get 25-30 mpg doing it. Not to mention they are dirt cheap to begin with. I have no problem with enthusiasts who are just out there to get as much power out of their motor as they can. Its the Fasnt and Furious crowd that pisses me off.

12. mr_blasto

mr_blasto 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    But as far power to wieght ratio some of those ricers would smoke the avg BB.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Speaking of power to weight ratio, I was in the proccess of building a '66 vw bug with huge power to weight ratio as the end goal. You can really get those things smoking, and could you think of a better sleeper? Who wouldn't want to spank a porsche, BMW, ferrari, or any other exotic or at less than 1/10th the cost. It was all going great till some retard rear ended me on the freeway going about 90 and totalled the thing... one day!

[ QUOTE ]
    No, not always the case. Just look at the DSM Talon/Eclipse/Laser cars. It takes very little money to get these cars to outrun just about everything on the street, and they will get 25-30 mpg doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I totally agree. You can pick these up for a song and have a pretty fun car without spending too much cash. Did I mention vw's are cheap, lightweight, less expensive to insure, easier to work on, and have a lot more style?

The previous argument still stands, if we are talkin torque, "there is no replacement for displacement" all things being equal of course. If you take it a step further and think about running a four banger in a k5, there really isn't any contest.

I hate those damn ricers, with their good mileage, all show no go POS's

13. f__dguy

f__dguy Registered Member

He needs to pick up 2 solid seconds to hang with me in a 1/4 stock vs. stock, so we are talking mucho booost and accomodating mods. Although it is possible for these cars to be great performers, with few exceptions (STI/EVO) stock vs stock there is not much comparison to a V8. Modded, see what happens with 15psi. on any car. Its just the attitude of these ricers that is annoying. I have no prob. with any car.

14. 1-ton

[ QUOTE ]
    Stupid ricer kid tried too tell me his 4 banger honda has more power then a built V8

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

This is a buddy of mine (Tom Abbott) car. It has what you might call a "built V8". It makes 1500 + Horse Power, which is close to double the Horse Power the...Ahem cough cough "800 HP" factory 4-cylinder someone mentioned. The old axiom "There is no replacement for displacement" will never be proven wrong. It is the law of physics.

15. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

My response to stupid rice boys.
    Hondas are great! If ya want to run in the 14s all your life.

16. Tweetysuarus

[ QUOTE ]
    My response to stupid rice boys.
    Hondas are great! If ya want to run in the 14s all your life.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Here is some interesting reading 14 second cough cough!

17. 82diesel

82diesel 1/2 ton status

That may be fast, but that is one ugly car

18. Tweetysuarus

Nobody said it had to be purtty! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

19. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Here is some interesting reading 14 second cough cough!

[/ QUOTE ]

I found this particularly interesting...........
    "They trash parts every round running their race car at its absolute maximum, returning to the pits in need of all types of repair. Transmissions, heads, cranks, rods and pistons are the normal stuff destroyed by the stresses they exert on their equipment every pass."

<font color="Green">Cough cough /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif</font>

Sorry but I have never been impressed with cars on the bottle. To destroy your engine just to make a point is stupid.
    Many V8s that run in the 8s last all race season. Without that insane ammount of work. I guess that takes us back to the title of this post...

20. 1-ton

[​IMG]

Slicks on the front, and skinnies on the rear. That's hilarious. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif