Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stupid rim question....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stevos67k20, Nov 15, 2006.

1. stevos67k20

stevos67k20 1/2 ton status

will 16X8 inch rims fit on my 67 with D60 and 14Bff? i read in the archives, someone bought new 16X10 inche rims with 4.5 backspacing and they didn't fit.

does anyone have a set of 16X8 with 4.5 of backspacing mounted on thier first gen truck? i really want the MOHAVE TEFLONS from american racing, but i dont want the tires to be sucked in the fenders. i will be using 35" tires as well.

i want 8 inch rims because they are better for the bearings and tire beads, i also want to tow with my truck and i heard 8inch rims are better for that. (it has a 454/4.56gears).
    here is what it looks like now: 16.5X10 i think (rim measures 11") 4 1/4" backspacing 33" tires
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i dont like the way the bead seat on the rim of a 16.5 rim (45* instead of 90*) and they look kinda big so i want a 16* with 35" (it will look nice)
    thanks guys

PS if i keep my rims...how much for a powder coat?

2. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

A good powder coat will run you $80-100 per wheel but should last a lifetime. A cheap powder coat job will be flaking off within weeks.

Can't help ya on the rest. :D

3. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

Call American Racing, they should be able to tell you.

4. blazin_blazer

blazin_blazer 1/2 ton status

if you dont want your tires to look "sucked in" run a 3" bs rim, that will set them out another 1.5" but will be harder on your bearings also. if your worried about your bearings then they need to stay tucked in, even tho it looks good when they are stuck out.
    with a d60 and a 14bff 3"bs and 35"s souldn't hurt them, people are running 44" boggers with 3"bs and not really having much trouble due to those axles 35'' tires shouldn't harm those axles if you ran a 1''bs