Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stupid street suvs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shupach, May 13, 2001.

1. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

as i was driving today i saw an add for the honda suv that said it was "the king of concrete mountain". Its become really pathetic from wat a real suv has turned into.

sorry i kinda had to vent

phill

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

King of the concrete mountain?!??!??! Isn't that kinda like saying "the best crap in the cesspool"?

Ratch
    I could swear there was a trail around here... Right around where those new condos are...

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

well how about the suv's that are lowered!!!and the sad part is some of them ARE 4 wheel drive.i seen a newer rodeo yesterday w/ what looked like 13"wires!HEEELLLLLLLOOOO!what are you thinking!oh yea i seen a slammed navigator last week wearing gold 20"wiresw/some custom candy paint,pulling a trailerw/15"gold wires painted to match,then on the trailer was a monte carlo ss the same way 20" candy paint and hydros.there was prob 80 grand sittin there!!!

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer see it at:<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292792569>http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292792569</A><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by pureinsanity on 05/13/01 09:27 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

4. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

The general public is so gullible, they are lining up to buy suv's like these. But if you think about it, it's good that the suv's are not capable for off-road duty. If they were, all the trails would be most likely be overcrowded, destroyed, or closed by now.

'89 K5 Silverado..."You can’t have a real adventure, unless the outcome is truly uncertain".

5. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

that is a good point gandolf.nothin like a trail full of weenie stock trucks that are barely suitable to drive on the lawn to wash it clogging up the trail.not to mention the damage they would do trying to get themselves out of somewhere they never had any rite to take the POS to begin with!ok im gettin fired up here!!its kinda like the lawers and doctors buyin a harley,puttin on some leathers and thinkin theyre badass bikers!!!aaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer see it at:<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292792569>http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292792569</A>

6. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

How bout honda... lexus... whatever yuppie utility turd you want..."King of the porclin (sp?) toliet!" hahaa!

Yup I hate the yupies... everything about them pisses me off, but I do have to admit I am a bit jealous. Wish I had the cash to shell out 50g for a SUV. I'd have one hell of a sweet k5! and a K30... and 70 GTO... and.... Forget a new sport ute...yuck! I want a REAL TRUCK! As the saying goes "Built Not Bought!" Amen...[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

7. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

A couple days ago I saw a Silverado Z-71 . . . lowered! WTF is that? Why the heck would you get an off-road package and lower the truck? I question their intelligence greatly . . .

- SlyDog [​IMG]