Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stupid Super-Duty Mirrors...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by B_to_C, Dec 1, 2005.

1. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

SO I was driving down Broadway in Denver today minding my own business...then

CRASH *sound of glass shattering on my right side*

"Holy ****" I thought to myself

I look over to my right window to see my passenger side mirror up against the door and the mirror shattered /missing.

I pull over, and look over my shoulder to see one of those tow-package super duty fords with the mirrors that hang out about two feet to the side parked on the side of the road. After assesing my own damage I walk back to where the truck was parked. A couple people were gathering because they heard my mirror shatter. One of them knew the owner so we walked into a nearby shop and I indtroduced myself...

"Hi, my name is Nick and I just clipped your trucks mirror." :crazy:

So we went outside to look at the damage. (My trucks METAL mirror is dented in real bad and obviously no glass is left). We look at his mirror...all glass is intact, plastic casing is not broken, and one small crack in the blinker lens. He says...

"Well doesn't look like there's any damage." To which I replied,

"It looks like I broke the lens there..." He said,

"Well, to be honest that was already broken, I try to remember to fold it in but today I forgot. I just want to thank you for stopping. The last time this happened they took the whole thing off and never stopped."

We shook hands and I was on my way :o

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Wow, impressive testament to the SD mirrors. I'm always afraid I'm gonna break 'em when I pull them out for towing.

If you want new glass for your mirror I might have one, got knocked outta the mirror before I knocked the door off.

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I'll have to change my last statement: You don't suck. :D

4. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Well at least the guy was honest and didn't try to pull some ****. On the other hand he should have had those mirrors pulled in. Even with them out I would guess you were way to close to him to start with. At least you didn't hit a pedestrian with your mirror :eek1: :doah:

5. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Too bad that mirror didn't catch the noggin of one of the thousands of assjacks scooting around on their bikes up there. :haha:

And agree, very admirable and rare for you to go in and man up about it, even rarer for the guy to be straight up on the lens to boot.

6. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Well, well what do you know. I have a brand new chrome mirror still in the box. :deal:

Another reason to get those 40s mounted. Maybe you'll be high enough to miss the SD mirrors.

Or another reason to just leave those doors off.:yikes:

EDIT: I just remembered way back when I had my 64 C10, I managed to clip the side mirror on a Cherokee going done the highway at 45mph.:yikes: :yikes:

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

one time at band camp.....? oh sorry.

one time i was in the tow truck at work. driving down the street and BAM no mirror on right side. stoped and found the little sh!ts never put the portable basket ball hoop back of the edge of the street. and it was half in a pot hole so it leaned out more than it would have if on level ground.

8. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

That sucks...but as said, good thing he was honest about it. It didn't jack up the mount to the door on your truck, did it?

9. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Yea, don't do that. Especially not at 65mph. Not that I would know or anything...

:whistle:

10. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Caught an SD mirror in my Sub. Narrow industrial street, was headed home (lived above a dyno room in those days :D ). BAM! Dark night, no street lights, late, black truck and mirror. The guy was in his truck smooching his GF. We all three were wide awake after that.

11. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

lol, i has a city bus pull away from the curb as i was going past and BANM scared the crap out of my wife in the passengerseat

MY MIRROR WAS DENTED BAD GLASS GONE, AND THE CROME COVE WAS MOSTLY RIPED OFF!!

(oops caps on)

looked back and saw a large black thing in the road! i riped his whole mirror off!!!

figgered we were even so i keeped going:eek1:

12. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

yea,they seem pretty strong. a tree at the mounds tore TJ's mirror off but just slamed my sd's into the door.oh then i ran TJ's mirror over. :whistle:

13. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i was driving my dodge with the towing mirrors in the In position next to another cummins dodge (both are the newer body style) who also had the towing mirrors (also in the in position) i was curb side he was turn lane side and a chevy 1500 with the ugly chrome mirrors was parked about 2 feet from the curb. i had nowhere to go so i jsut tried to minimize the hit. didnt break anything on my truck and since he was illegaly parked i decided i woudl not stop to see if his was broken...

the street is VERY narrow just so you know. i do know two wrongs dont make a right, but i dont feel bad. my mirror has a little scratch on it but nothing bad.
    Grant