Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stupid things people do on the road...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jun 6, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

What are some stupid things people do driving around that pisses you off? One of my biggest problems, people who do not use turning lanes. You know big lane in the middle of the road designated for you to get the [darn] out of my way when you want to turn. No they just slow down to an almost stop then turn through that damn lane /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. 82diesel

82diesel 1/2 ton status

People who enter freeways at 25 mph.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Talking on cell phones with out a hands free kit.

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

stopping at bottom of on ramps.........

5. roadhawg

roadhawg 1/2 ton status

doing 50 in the passing lane not following the "slower traffic keep right" rule

6. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I hate people who pull out into traffic right in front of me, cutting me off, when there was nobody behind me for miles. blew a brake line on my old GMC pickup trying to avoid someone who did that.

Also, I hate people who pull into traffic alongside of me going in the same direction when I'm on a four lane road , preventing me from changing lanes, or making a turn into a parking lot. They used to teach us in drivers ed to wait until both lanes were clear before pulling into traffic because all thru traffic has the right of way. guess that doesn't apply anymore because folks nowadays are too specail to wait for traffic to clear. Had some ricer puke almost hit me last week when he pulled out from an arby's lot on my right, and he needed more than just the curb lane because he didn't turn his wheel far enough.. I had to go way left of center to not get broadsided. numbnutz..

I also hate people who insist on turning right on red, when the oncoming traffic has the green left turn arrow. I swear, some people ASK to get hit, y'know?

I REALLY hate people who speed through parking lots. With our detail service, we do pick up and delivery at a lot of office parks, and I have come very close to getting one of my customers $90,000 BMW I - drive smashed by some moron who can't take his eyes off his palm pilot long enough to slow the F down and watch where he's going. People suck.

Tom /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Using the right turn lane to try and pass me going into an intersection.

Dented several fenders hitting those idiots /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

People trying to pass someone when they aren't suposed to, and a car is coming towards them /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

People who let their women drive....

10. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    People who ride with there dog in there lap! Dumb A$$es.
    People who need to run as far as they can down a lane that has to merge with the other just so they can make a couple spots and jamb traffic behind them.
    I really like the truckers that cut them off so they can't /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

11. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I won't say I hate them , but, the people who pull out in front of me when I'm driving my semi,loaded to the nuts and then they expect me to just slow down for them. I'm usually pulling two trailers weighing about 110,000 pounds when fully loaded, doesn't exactly stop on a dime!!!decisions, decisions, run over them or crash, run over them or crash, /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif run over them! somebody gonna have KW stamped across their forehead! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

12. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

leaving a gas station tonight i was behind an old lady. we were both turning left, no traffic in the near lane going our way, none in the turn lane either. she pulls out, i pull out behind her, no big deal. she goes to the near lane, and i follow, because of the cars coming in the far. well, they turn off. she's doing 30 in a 50, so i go to go around her on the right. as i pull into the lane and accelerate to pass her, what does she do? cuts the wheel hard into the right lane, rather than safely in the left lane as she was. obviously i was pissed, this old bag almost made me eat a curb. so i cut back to the left and gas it. as i pass, i see the window coming down, a wrikled old arm come out, and an arthritic hand giving me the one finger salute. you have no idea how tempting it was for me to "see a dog run across the road"
    "oops grandma, you hit my trailer hitch." /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

13. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    somebody gonna have KW stamped across their forehead

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen, brother! My K5's both have their spare mounted up front, and more than one I've been tempted to let idiots go home with "BFGoodrich" imprinted in their trunklids!

-- A

14. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

I like the bumper sticker that reads "Forget World Peace, envision using your TURN SIGNAL!!!"

I drive a semi truck and hate it when morons put their car into a situation where they are hoping that I can stop in enough time as to not smash them with 80,000 lbs. In cities people who drive the same road everyday to and from work but seem to somehow always forget that the lane that they are in that is moving real fast is not the right lane for their exit and they don't realize it untill they are all the up at the front on the jam, how convenient! I guess when they were little their momma always told them that they were "special", but I don't think they really knew what she meant by that.

15. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

anyone slower than me, on the highway on the road anywhere... people who enter the freeway at 30mph, people who slow down to look at a wreck or even someone getting pulled over on the side of the road, people who slow down before entering the turn lane in the middle of the road, poeple in rice cars who see a 1 ton ford diesel catch up to them on the highway and then speed up like theyre impressing me, people who do the same thing to me in my suburban, people who drive right next to me in the sub then get all pissy when i almost run over them cuz i cant see them and try to go into their lane, people that dont kno how to use mirrors and have to look over their shoulders to back up, people who back out of parking spots slow like i have all [darn] day to wait for them, people who go slow in the fast lane, people who blink their high beams at me in the suburban cuz my headlights go through their cab, (to wich i respond with my high beams and my KC daylighters)... theres a lot of other stuff, believe it or not i love to drive its a stress reliever for me. lol

16. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i drive a bike too and i hate people who think that it is ok to play tag with a motercycle, or that ride your but on a bike, my bike stops a helllll of alot faster than your car and if something happens im gonna be wearing your car

17. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I really hate the people who think THEY have the right to break the law more than I do . I don't always do the limit , but no more than 9 over on freeway and 5 over on city streets . Saturday coming back from my friend Allan's house , there was 45 zone for construction on sr51 and people doing like 70 /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

18. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i followed 2 old people today, they were going 45 in a 55 and slowed down at EVERY intersection like they were gonna stop at a stop sign to about 15 mph, they even slow down at a few driveways, they kinda looked like roads. of course i could not pass them, hilly road and cars comming. i follow them about 8 miles, then they finely turned the corner, but i had to go the same way /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif they ended turning into a grocery store. i should have fliped them off, but i though it was better to tail gate them as they turned and rev the motor to about 5grand = MOVE (horn didn't work) /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

i hate it when people stop and those "Invisible stop signs" then sit there cause the other person got there first. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

19. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

ahhh you reminded me of the other night. I was coming home from the tattoo shop, going down a road real near my home, speed limit is 45. Old woman in a station wagon doing 35 for a mile or so. We missed 2 changes of the light cause of her. I didn't pass or get to mad cause I was REALLY close to home. Well just as I think that, she turns onto my road /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif. I say to myself, fine I'm passing her. She makes the left down my road, and almost completely stops, sticking me out in the middle of the road we just left, and slowly makes a righthand turn into some vacant parking lot. I cut the wheel to the left and stomped on it. Spun tires and took off around her. Damn near bit her bumper when she did that crap. I don't mind being forced to do the speed limit but 10 under is a sure fire way to anger me. Old people are a menace to drivers.

20. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

on the way to the beach the other day, i was following my friend, and two old people in an old oldsmobile whipped out into the slow lane, in which the average speed is 65mph. didnt even stop for the stop sign, just flew out of the parking lot and proceeded to do 30mph with no attempt at accelerating to normal speed. i saw it coming an moved into the fast lane, but justin didnt see it until they were right in front of him. his lifted F-150 doesnt stop very quickly.... needless to say, all they could see in the rearview was grille and bumper for the next 2 miles /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif